Favourite Discovery of the Year

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

You know when you discover a new musician/band and it blows your balls off? This is the thread for your favourite of those this year. Try and limit it to one, there's no fun in scrolling through 50 videos in one post.



For me, it was herr ein Ewan Dobson



[youtube]ys5vRrKp47s[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by rhino »

[youtube]7NXBTkgvltE[/youtube]
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Ninny »

[youtube]wt_yoIoUgK0[/youtube]
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Lavabug »

[youtube]yhu2QMLmx4A[/youtube]



This gave me anal tingles comparable to those experienced when I listened to "Nespithe" the first time around.
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by vega »

[youtube]21EdINS1w2Y[/youtube] :santa:
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Haunty »

I'm just going to let Ewan Dobson play for a while and then think about this. I remember this dude from a pretty good while back. Wildly talented feller. :xx:
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

You know someone's good when you hear one of their songs and immediately buy (yes, BUY) all their albums. Frankly, I can't give this hard-on bearer enough money.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

I have two: John Gomm and Joe Bonamassa.



[youtube]uaCjPdtDBxo[/youtube]



[youtube]nY7GnAq6Znw[/youtube]
Image
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by droidspawn »

[youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

I dont get the Ewan Dobson thing, personally. Sounds cheesy to mein ears.
Image
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by deckard »

cloudkicker
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by rhino »

wolves like us second?
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by deckard »

[quote name="rhino"]wolves like us second?[/quote]



dont know, pretty sure no.
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

[youtube]TV5JBCBcCO0[/youtube]
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

I thought I threw Kaki King at you many years back! Maybe I've lost all concept of time.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

I really wish she was better :brushteeth:
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[youtube]amFZny9Ayas[/youtube]
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[youtube]xXo1G1sxrB4[/youtube]



:thingy:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

[quote name="Devy"]I thought I threw Kaki King at you many years back! Maybe I've lost all concept of time.[/quote]



I don't think you did but I am known to forget things. I definitely didn't start listening to her frequently until earlier this year. I saw her in Amsterdam :greenie:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

Her guitars are bigger than she is :xx:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

[quote name="Hugo"]I really wish she was better :brushteeth:[/quote]



Stop hating on other guitarists and get to work on your own stuff so that we may all be awed by its brilliance soon :waa:
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

[quote name="Devy"]Her guitars are bigger than she is :xx:[/quote]



She is very tiny. I felt gargantuan next to her. I really need to stop neglecting to take pictures at such moments :homework:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

I read an interview with her once when she said that she didn't like people patting her on the head. Not because it was patronising, but because she'd got a weird shaped head and she thought it'd freak people out when they felt it :redneck:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

If only I had known! You've really gotta start telling me stuff :evil:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Devy »

Do your own legwork! :waa:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

Hey sayings are better than her playings. :judge:
Image
User avatar
Boss Primigenius
Ancient One
Posts: 1668
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Boss Primigenius »

Don't make me tell you again, young man!
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

I googled her. She does that pull me out alive song which is good.



But john gomm is better :santa:
Image
User avatar
crumbswamkghoshthber
God of Emptiness
Posts: 594
Joined: 29 Jun 2009, 00:42
Location: On land and in the sea
Contact:

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by crumbswamkghoshthber »

Um, I was not so adventurous last year as far as trying out new bands so I'd have to say Nader Sadek (though Vulture Industries late 2010 album also impressed me a lot).
How many crumbs would a crumbswamk wamk if a crumbswamk could wamk crumbs?
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Abzu »

[youtube]sjSkktZL7zk[/youtube]



But there were so many that could tie that. The Grim Giant One showed me much musics this year.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

Thats not a very appropriate nickname for me but yes, I am generous.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Hugo"]Thats not a very appropriate nickname for me but yes, I am generous.[/quote]

:redneck: Sorry, you have also sent good tunes in my direction, sir. Recognition is deserved.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Hugo. »

:grimneck:;;;;;;;
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Hugo"]:grimneck:;;;;;;;[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
mudbuttthegreat
Member
Posts: 344
Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 10:02

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by mudbuttthegreat »

[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube][/quote]





indeed favorite band in this period
[quote name="HbW"]nobody cockmesses with fuckruling[/quote]
User avatar
Olden Polynice
Ancient One
Posts: 1313
Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 05:46

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Olden Polynice »

[youtube]xKl4cVQMoYs[/youtube]



[youtube]HQ_fO8BSPZo[/youtube]



:bang:
Image
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="mudbuttthegreat"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"][youtube]A9h_au-NweY[/youtube][/quote]





indeed favorite band in this period[/quote]





:idea:
User avatar
WOOO)))
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 56
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 13:00
Location: Wyoming

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by WOOO))) »

just listened to that track jorsh, pretty awesome actually, will look into
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by droidspawn »

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13448&p=24470 ... p244707</a><!-- l -->



:xx:
User avatar
WOOO)))
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 56
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 13:00
Location: Wyoming

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by WOOO))) »

you da man
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by rhino »

i like me some the atlas moth
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Favourite Discovery of the Year

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="rhino"]i like me some the atlas moth[/quote]

I just checked that video out at the end of :page1: and it is :xx:



our lord and master also approves.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Post Reply