Hey Undercover Hugo

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

Have you got a favourite track on the newest Gorod yet? I'm balls deep in Elements and Spirit in this period :xx:



[youtube]aKf9Xzj1_0Y[/youtube]



If we keep talking about it, maybe more people will like it :redneck:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

5000 at the funeral. Been that way since I heard it first. That riff at 4:10 :shock: :shock: :shock: Best musical moment in years.

Carved in the wind is a close second



But as an album, it has it the consistency though.



I kept skipping element and spirit, so now it has the feel of a bonus track. :cool: Its got kind of a happy/pop vibe to it. Dont even get me started on the bossa nove win that is varangian paradise



They took 5000... of youtube for some reason. :shake:



I got pretty shy when I was chatting to gorod on monday, its weird the people I get starstruck around, Joe Payne etc :redneck:
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

5000...is definitely my second favourite track on the album, every moment is fucking amazing, but the part you mentioned really stands out. Did they play it live when you saw them?



Also, stop skipping Elements and Spirit! I was put off by the uncharacteristic happiness of the intro too, but it all gels together into a really good song.



Did you talk to their drummer? He was really chatty when I met them. I remember yelling the standard "Amazing show, mate" at Mathieu after they'd played too, but he seemed busy. Next time, I'll yell louder.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

Mat and the other guitarist are both really shy it seems. The drummer is realy chatty yeah, i think his english is the best it would seem.



They didnt play 5000, they played the Axe of God, Carved in wind and birds of sulphur off the new one. Funny, because people were asking for 5000, but it didnt really matter in the end, such was the quality of the show. The singer is an awesome duder haha what a lunatic. He sang church of deviance too with SOP. Man, they really rocked the place out of it though. Besides being my favourite band of the night, they were the best received band too. Theres so much vitality in every one of their songs. Plus they felt liked they played for the longest despite plaing the shortest set, I mean that the good way obviously.
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

Maybe they're finally on the verge of being huge! :thingy:



I'll be scouring Youtube for live videos of Birds of Sulphur at some point, I bet that was epic as hell.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

Yeah it was a CRACKING opening. The little stop in that awesome riff had everyone fucking smiling at each other.Gorod show: longest case of sustained goosebumps ever experienced. :thingy: Its funny cos the hard-on bearer next to me had the exact same opinions on the band and the night and was wearing the same perfect absolution shirt as me. I felt like we were kids queuing for a very french and very awesome santa claus.
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

Now I regret not going to see them, but they were the only band on that tour who I was really that fussed about seeing. If they come round again, I'll be sure to point myself in their direction. Until then, album of the fucking year so far :xx:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

Easily. Nile will be fun, but in terms of originality and freshness, it wont beat this one.



Man, exivious to warm up, then Gorod, then SOP (to wind down LOL) and your fill of metal with as much of Obscura's hour as you can handle is one gluttonous night of music.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by agony bagony »

i am downloading it the this :santa:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

FINALLY
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Devy"]FINALLY[/quote]
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

Now we just need to break everyone else :redneck:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

Also, the riff in Sailing into the earth at 1:15 sounds like the awesome riffs in the Stillborn One by necrphagist, but better. :interessant:



Gorod are the band necrophagist probably wanted to be.
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Devy »

Most things Gorod do sound like Necrophagist, but better :redneck:



Actually, that might put people off. GOROD SOUND LIKE GOOD.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59380
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Its on my Ipod I've just been full of sard
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Devy"]Most things Gorod do sound like Necrophagist, but better :redneck:



Actually, that might put people off. GOROD SOUND LIKE GOOD.[/quote]



All these things. Necro never lived up to the potential. When I saw them they played stabwound 2 times. Hardly a a sign of confidence in one's repetoire.



Gorods leads beat the living SHIT out of mohommed's.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by agony bagony »

fanbois :xx:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

Basing one's fanboydom on awesomeness :xx:
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by agony bagony »

it's what they all say :idea:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by Hugo. »

A lot of people say a lot of things :santa:
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Hey Undercover Hugo

Post by agony bagony »

it's true! and no one can take that away from you :god:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Post Reply