wonder who the new bloodbath singer is

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Locked
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

wonder who the new bloodbath singer is

Post by rhino »

Vocalist/guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt of Swedish progressive metallers OPETH has left the death metal supergroup BLOODBATH. "They have a new singer, which I can't say who it is," Mikael tells Loudwire.



He continued, "BLOODBATH, for me, was never a serious project, it was just something I did for fun. We did a few songs on the last North American tour, we did two songs at the very last show [see video below. — Ed.] because we were touring with KATATONIA, so the whole BLOODBATH band was there. It's still fun, you know? But I think that some of the other guys in BLOODBATH want to take it to the next level, which I don't really want to do because I'm so busy anyways."



He added, "It doesn't really have to do with anything with my screaming vocals, it's just that it's not a progressive project for me. It's just paying tribute to death metal and I've done it for such a long time. And when it stops being fun, I don't really want to participate. We do things so rarely it's always been fun. The shows we've done have been fun, but I don't feel the need to do it."
Locked