good bands with dissapointing albums
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
i'll take the wrong fucking forum for 200 alex
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
your first post was supposed to say 'baroness'
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
baroness - yag
deftones - snw
tool - 10k days
pig destroyer - phantom limb
immolation - shadows in the light
dredg - that last shitfest of an album
suffocation - last couple albums
deftones - snw
tool - 10k days
pig destroyer - phantom limb
immolation - shadows in the light
dredg - that last shitfest of an album
suffocation - last couple albums
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="jorsh"]immolation - shadows in the light[/quote]
but that's not how 'harnessing ruin' is spelled!
but that's not how 'harnessing ruin' is spelled!
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
they are both equal in their mediocrity so i picked one 
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
I think we all know who takes the cake...
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="FUKKET"]I think we all know who takes the vaginal celebration...[/quote]
I.llud
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
I seem to remember one or two members of Deicide actually apologizing for how bad "In Torment In Hell" turned out. On the other hand I always thought "Elements" by Atheist turned out remarkably well despite being written and recorded in just over a month (I know that has nothing to do with the topic but I was just reminded of that factoid).

- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="Paste Human"]I seem to remember one or two members of Deicide actually apologizing for how bad "In Torment In Hell" turned out. On the other hand I always thought "Elements" by Atheist turned out remarkably well despite being written and recorded in just over a month (I know that has nothing to do with the topic but I was just reminded of that factoid).[/quote]
Those last couple Roadrunner albums were shit and I'm pretty sure the idea was to just run out the contract.
Those last couple Roadrunner albums were shit and I'm pretty sure the idea was to just run out the contract.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Well that just about legitimizes where Roadrunner ended up - bankrupt last I heard. Someone several years ago vowed to me that would happen pretty fast because their business model made no sense.

- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
i'm pretty sure roadrunner picked up nickelback early on and managed to hold on to them, for that reason alone i imagine the label was doing just fine. WMG bought them out after all, so they must've been making money.
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
At the very least they've downsized to almost nothing. They were trying to run a high volume operation with grind/death metal. It just doesn't work that way.

- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
not a fan of the new one?
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
The new one is awesome
Also, theres something about Ithyphallic that I just dont like.
Also, theres something about Ithyphallic that I just dont like.

- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="rhino"]not a fan of the new one?[/quote]
I'm not sure I listened yet....
I liked Mars to Sirius way more than the one after it. I may have to give them more spins though.
I'm not sure I listened yet....
I liked Mars to Sirius way more than the one after it. I may have to give them more spins though.

- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Thats only because the preceding album was hella hella good like.

- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="cire"]As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.[/quote]
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome
- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="cire"]As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.[/quote]
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome
[/quote]
I hear ya, but they still might be able to redeem themselves next time around. Remember Fate of Norns was eh but then they released two great ones after? Well, I thought they were good, anyway.
[quote name="cire"]As much as I love Amon Amarth, Surtur Rising was a disappointing release.[/quote]
i'm getting less and less excited with amon amarth releases. they have ac/dc syndrome
I hear ya, but they still might be able to redeem themselves next time around. Remember Fate of Norns was eh but then they released two great ones after? Well, I thought they were good, anyway.

- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
Black album is the mother of all disappointments
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="Ninny"]Black album is the mother of all disappointments[/quote]
Now that's interesting. I can't remember knowing anyone who was into Metallica in the 80s who didn't like that album, but I know they're out there because of documentaries and whatnot. That must have been a letdown if you dug speed metal, because Metallica had that style fucking nailed and then completely abandoned it.
Now that's interesting. I can't remember knowing anyone who was into Metallica in the 80s who didn't like that album, but I know they're out there because of documentaries and whatnot. That must have been a letdown if you dug speed metal, because Metallica had that style fucking nailed and then completely abandoned it.

- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?

- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="Paste Human"]But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?[/quote]
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.

- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
black album was my first metallica album, probably my first metal album for that matter. i can easily see why a lot of people don't like it, but i still enjoy a bunch of the tunes on there. i can't really listen to any of the major singles these days because they just got completely played out a long time ago
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="Dudley"]black album was my first metallica album, probably my first metal album for that matter. i can easily see why a lot of people don't like it, but i still enjoy a bunch of the tunes on there. i can't really listen to any of the major singles these days because they just got completely played out a long time ago[/quote]
Every word of this could also be accurately expressed my mein self.
Every word of this could also be accurately expressed my mein self.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
not to mention kid rock covered enter sandman and stole sad but true to create his own shitty song. i remember back in college, i met a kid who NOT ONLY never heard sad but true, but also claimed that he didn't like it even though he thought "american bad ass is like the best song ever" (direct quote) 
also, I recall snoop dog performing sad but true at the metallica icon mtv thing a while back...just awful
also, I recall snoop dog performing sad but true at the metallica icon mtv thing a while back...just awful

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
all metallica albums are disappointing because they suck 
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="cire"]
[quote name="Paste Human"]But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?[/quote]
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.[/quote]
fuck, I feel old now.
Beano and especially Ninny, must feel like relics from that comment!
[quote name="Paste Human"]But were you of age and aware of Metallica's releases that lead up to it?[/quote]
nope, I was 4 years old when the black album came out.[/quote]
fuck, I feel old now.
Beano and especially Ninny, must feel like relics from that comment!
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
[quote name="Ninny"]Black album is the mother of all disappointments[/quote]
agree on that.
I bought it straight away, and remember thinking.... "um... OK, so where's the MOP & AJFA isms?"
then I saw the Enter Sandman clip, and wished I'd seen that first.
agree on that.
I bought it straight away, and remember thinking.... "um... OK, so where's the MOP & AJFA isms?"
then I saw the Enter Sandman clip, and wished I'd seen that first.
- Santyago
- Member
- Posts: 203
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58
Re: good bands with dissapointing albums
I rather listen to Load than to Black Album.
