acid bath

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

acid bath

Post by jawn galliano »

so i listened to a few tracks from these guys waaaay back in the day, like probably 1.0 days since there was a lot of love for them back then. didn't really care for it and never gave it another thought. a fellating lover of mine recommended agents of oblivion to me over the weekend, which i really dug, and he told me to check out acid bath since it was the same guys or some of them i guess. i'm most of the way through paegan terrorism tactics now and holy shit this RULES. i can't believe i slept on these dudes for so long. venus blue is one of the best tracks i've heard all year, god damn
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Re: acid bath

Post by Ryeknow »

Acid bath are great, but unfortunately I am burnt out on them. They became a phenomenon around here in the late gloryhole era /early 2000s. Back in the holler partying days. Everybody listened to them, and they were played non stop to the point where I really can't listen to them anymore. I'm sure the vibes it brings back up from those days is a big factor as well. Not bad shit really just a crazy time

I still love that agents of oblivion album, and I also recommend deadboy and the elephantmen- if this is hell then I'm lucky (on spotify under dax riggs). It's the album the singer did right after agents, just awesome stuff

Ryeknow
Ancient One

Post by Ryeknow »

The agents of oblivion demo sessions rules also, has A few songs that didn't make it on the album. One which is their best called skeletal circus derails

Corpsepyre

Post by Corpsepyre »

Do listen Dax Riggs (vocalist) and his solo project as well. He hasn't released an album since 2010, but what he did was fucking fantastic. Downer stuff though.

Here's my favourite track:

Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

His 2 solo albums are fantasic
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Corpsepyre

Post by Corpsepyre »

The world definitely needs more of Dax Riggs. Been too long.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i'm gonna be honest, for most of the last 20 years every time i saw the name, i thought dax riggs was from coal chamber or something :redneck:::::

trapped in that same nexus that had monster magnet confused with powerman 5000 for nearly as many years
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:chetty:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

jawn galliano wrote:
16 May 2023, 23:26
i'm gonna be honest, for most of the last 20 years every time i saw the name, i thought dax riggs was from coal chamber or something :redneck:::::

trapped in that same nexus that had monster magnet confused with powerman 5000 for nearly as many years
:frown:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

:serenity:
Ninny wrote:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

jawn galliano wrote:
16 May 2023, 23:26

what a bizarre take. like, not even remotely similar bands... :oof:
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Post by Ryeknow »

Maybe just an association with the times. In 1999 that worlds collide song and space lord were constantly played on the radio

Probably why I never properly checked out monster magnet until years later, then realized they actual rule
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

right it's not a value judgement, or 'a take' of any sort. literally i was just confused

like if you say 'dax riggs, a metal musician prominent in the mid to late gloryhole era ' i am thinking 'yeah that dude's definitely got bleached hair that's been gel-spiked and wears his shit slung unplayably low'. that is 100% the kind of name a nu metal hard-on bearer would have
User
Metal God

Post by User »

this is true

Many Apples Bite Back
more metal