Pantera - The Will to Survive
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Pantera - The Will to Survive
I really enjoy this track...I wish Phil had done more shit like this vocally.
[vimeo]14880630[/vimeo]
[vimeo]14880630[/vimeo]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
Thats my first time to hear it. Very cool. phil had some pipes in his day. He was a different hard-on bearer vocally in the studio to live so i hear. His later vocals are awesome too though.
I see they poached a riff from this for This Love
I love the pre production sound to this.

I see they poached a riff from this for This Love
I love the pre production sound to this.

- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
gay song
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
Yeah, it's a bit gay, but I was pretty entertained.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
i was mad when they were saying an unreleased track from cowboys from hell, thinking ok this could be awesome, but its clearly something from the power metal recording session
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
It seems to me like a lot of people sort of assume that Cowboys was such a distinct change from the sound of Power Metal. There's 12 tracks on that album and people consistently listen to what...3 or 4 of them? The rest have the leftover Priest-style vocals. Most likely this one was just too mellow and got cut IMO.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
i like cowboys, the only song i skip when i do listen to it is the song cowboys from hell
this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno
this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
i'm glad phil didn't do more stuff like that
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
[quote name="rhino"]gay song[/quote]
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
[quote name="rhino"]i like cowboys, the only song i skip when i do listen to it is the song cowboys from hell
this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno[/quote]
hehe, kinda like me with the song Walk on Vulgar Display.
But yeah, I pretty much expected something like this. I still sorta wasn't expecting it to sound this...watered down, though. It doesn't even fit with Power Metal.
I don't remember what the press release said and I sard looking, but I thought they said it really was from the Cowboys sessions.
this song just seems like it was written for power metal, and maybe not recorded till '89? i dunno[/quote]
hehe, kinda like me with the song Walk on Vulgar Display.
But yeah, I pretty much expected something like this. I still sorta wasn't expecting it to sound this...watered down, though. It doesn't even fit with Power Metal.
I don't remember what the press release said and I sard looking, but I thought they said it really was from the Cowboys sessions.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
How are you enjoying your Pantera education, Tam?
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
here's all the pantera educaton you need
PRIMAL CONCRETE SLEDGE!
[youtube]3DOamgay6Mw[/youtube]
PRIMAL CONCRETE SLEDGE!
[youtube]3DOamgay6Mw[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
Pretty much every Pantera song>>>>>>>>>the will blah blah

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
Fucking Hostile is also
[youtube]eKUX8qaGfWs[/youtube]
[youtube]eKUX8qaGfWs[/youtube]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Pantera - The Will to Survive
ONLY FACTS IN HERE

the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland