A re-evaluation of Triptykon
- Grudge
- Metal God
- Posts: 10535
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:23
A re-evaluation of Triptykon
At first I thought this wasn't a very good album, but I gave it another try today and there's actually another very good song on it, "The Prolonging". It is 20 minutes long but it doesn't drag, it is really very good.
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon
I like Triptykon, and I'm very hard to please, especially when it comes to newer music, most of it sucks




- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon
TGW
Triptykon rape. Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things, but for the most part the songs are fine.
Triptykon rape. Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things, but for the most part the songs are fine.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon
I still think the opening track is fucking brilliant. But for me, the clymax is in the beginning of the album, not towards the end, making the whole a bit less interesting.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]
my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album
my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: A re-evaluation of Triptykon
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]
my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album[/quote]
It's confusing too, because Tom has stated that they'd rearrange things in practices (himself, Ain, and Sesa) and then come back to how he'd originally arranged the songs anyway. I think Ain had more of a contribution writing-wise or quality-control-wise.
Goetia and The Prolonging =

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] Some of the songs seem to drag on without Ain there to rearrange things.[/quote]
my only gripe, otherwise its a killer album[/quote]
It's confusing too, because Tom has stated that they'd rearrange things in practices (himself, Ain, and Sesa) and then come back to how he'd originally arranged the songs anyway. I think Ain had more of a contribution writing-wise or quality-control-wise.
Goetia and The Prolonging =