I'm seeing Nile this friday

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

So, anyone seen them lately? How was the setlist? Any cool merch?
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by vO)))id »

Only saw a couple of songs, had to leave early.

Cool merchandise tho. :idea:
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Anjel »

I wanted to go to this too. But I have no money. :homework:



Student life sucks. And finding a job isn't easy with Sweden being in a depression (lågkonjunktur) and all.

Fuck Moderaterna.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Ninny »

Fucking lågkonjunktur :frown:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Abzu »

Something to do with lag, cunts, junk and Turing?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Verbal »

Sounds like Tuesdays.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Anjel"]I wanted to go to this too. But I have no money. :homework:



Student life throws shit on the fire. And finding a job isn't easy with Sweden being in a depression (lågkonjunktur) and all.

Fuck Moderaterna.[/quote]

Det är därför man väljer yrkesförberedande gymnasium :hard-on bearer: *golvläggare*
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Anjel »

Lite för sent för det nu. Tar studenten nu till sommar. :redneck:

Och IT. :bang:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Hugo. »

They played permitting the noble dead in dublin but not in Rotterdam. :huh:
Image
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="Anjel"]Lite för sent för det nu. Tar studenten nu till sommar. :redneck:

Och IT. :bang:[/quote]

Mamma och kan inte betalar sinn biljett?
:xx:
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Anjel »

Nope. :shakefist:
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by vO)))id »

:lol: your mom had to pay the ticket but she didn't?
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Anjel »

No, my mother is pisspoor, she can't afford anything other than living (and barely manages through that). I was planning on using my student grant ( :huh: ) to pay for the ticket, but the buss to Gothenburg and back isn't exactly cheap, I simply cannot afford it.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by vO)))id »

aw shit :( that sucks...
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Did they sell any Amongst the Catacombs-shirts or longsleeves?
User avatar
Victor Frankenstein
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:42

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Victor Frankenstein »

Saw them less than a month ago. Mostly dissapointed. They played all those long boring doomish stuff from the last three albums or so. The bass player was pretty funny though. I bet he would like to die there on the stage for fuckin' death metal. Death metal totally turns him on. Weird. Merch was ok, but expensive. Most online stores sell for far less.



Melechesh was pretty good, although their guitars tend to go silent or to untune themselves in the middle of the song. Ashmedi actually continued playing compensating for the string gone berzerk to some of its own tune. That's some cold excrement.
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Just came home from the gig. I thought it was pretty killer! Also perfect setlist. 10 stars :idea:
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: I'm seeing Nile this friday

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

DVD was fucking selled out :frown:
Post Reply