Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Pretty awesome stuff. What do you you think?
[youtube]CY3cJtHCb_o[/youtube]
[youtube]CY3cJtHCb_o[/youtube]

- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.[/quote]
Oh man, we have those same guys here. I got their album when i was drunk. One of the tracks open to the sound of a school massacre then crossfades into what sounds like a rendition of My Heart Will Go On.
On the topic of this song, it's classical.
Oh man, we have those same guys here. I got their album when i was drunk. One of the tracks open to the sound of a school massacre then crossfades into what sounds like a rendition of My Heart Will Go On.
On the topic of this song, it's classical.

- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Folk Metal
But actually this doesn't sound that bad.
But actually this doesn't sound that bad.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal
[/quote]
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.

- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*

- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*[/quote]
did you see my riverdance thread?
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]
I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.
*awaits johnnys negative response*[/quote]
did you see my riverdance thread?
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Good point.
Have you listened to Kila? I defy you not to like them.
Have you listened to Kila? I defy you not to like them.

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
We should all love these Peruvian folk bands because they keep the giant Guinee pigs at bay. 
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal
[/quote]
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.[/quote]
I wasn't pulling you up on calling this folk metal, I was
-ing at the general concept of Folk Metal. However, as my knowledge of folk metal extends as far as Turisas I'm probably not qualified to make any statements about it.
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal
Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.
The panpipes are definitely folky.[/quote]
I wasn't pulling you up on calling this folk metal, I was
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
I think i got where you were coming from 
This is metal, with some folk-esque elements
This is metal, with some folk-esque elements

- Bathsalt Zombie
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2644
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
- Location: The birthplace of death metal
- Contact:
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
I'd be interested in hearing asian folk metal. *checks for said on youtube*

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.
Theres that band Shun Tzu, theyre pretty fucking heavy but they have some cool far eastern influences.
