the crown

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

the crown

Post by rhino »

[youtube]OyfakHcIqh8[/youtube]



i really need to give the new one some listens
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: the crown

Post by ^_____________^ »

I never got into this band. I've heard great things about them however, Deathrace King is supposed to be balls to the wall wtfawesome. Tompa is the vocalist as well.



I like Nightrage though.



[youtube]3aI-hKcTiyQ[/youtube]
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the crown

Post by rhino »

lindberg only sings on crowned in terror, and one song on deathrace king. i've been a fan for many years now but for some reason i havent really got into the new one









[youtube]pFsn-CReatI[/youtube]





crashing through the gaaaaaaatttteeeesssssss :xx:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the crown

Post by rhino »

as for nightrage yeah i like the 2 records with lindberg and the ones after are pretty cool too



[youtube]D_mwO3iFsjw[/youtube]



love this song
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the crown

Post by droidspawn »

crowned in terror is in my top 10 albums





new album is eh, not bad but not particularly good either. Lindberg needs to get back in the band STAT.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: the crown

Post by Meat Engine »

Fuck no sir. The best albums were with Listrand. Crowned Unholy was the best parting gift they could have given me. I get to hear the songs I do like with the vocalist I like. I literally do not remember what Crowned in Terror sounded like with Tomas Lindberg. It sits in my collection gathering dust.



I think the new hard-on bearer fills his shoes admirably. Doomsday King had more good tracks than forgettable ones. It needed more riffage like that found on Deathrace King.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the crown

Post by droidspawn »

deathrace king is fucking :xx:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





as is possesseed 13, though to a lesser extent





but crowned in terror just does something to me I can not explain
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: the crown

Post by jawn galliano »

DRK is definitely one of my favorite speed-metal albums. soundtrack to a motherfucking speeding ticket right there, and it'd be completely worth it :idea:



i'd feel a lot better about killing my ticket-free driving history if i'd been listening to it when i got bagged in NC.
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: the crown

Post by Meat Engine »

For me, Deathrace King was the first death metal album where every track was memorable and awesome. It drew me in like no other album. Having gone back in their discography, Eternal Death is really the only album that wouldn't get regular play from me. Deathrace King would command the most, Possessed 13 the second most, and roughly equal time split between the rest.
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: the crown

Post by Mr. P »

I like the new one, it is guite solid album but the lack of really standing out songs like Angels Die, Crowned In Terror or Zombified are missing. I do like the new vocalist but it took a while to get used to him. I find myself jamming Crowned Unholy and Possessed 13 every now and then.



[youtube]LBtEKTYw-TA[/youtube]
:xx:
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: the crown

Post by Meat Engine »

I would say Age of Iron is the closest thing the new one has to a stand out track.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the crown

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="Meat Engine"]I would say Age of Iron is the closest thing the new one has to a stand out track.[/quote]





:santa:



This is the one stand-out that caught my ears as well.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the crown

Post by rhino »

np: drugged unholy :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: the crown

Post by droidspawn »

ryan, what is your avy?
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the crown

Post by rhino »

new forgotten tomb album, i posted it in the media forum today, check it out :santa:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the crown

Post by agony bagony »

the throne
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: the crown

Post by Meat Engine »

I have given Doomsday King some more listens. I think it is a pretty heavy album. It just grows on you with successive listens.
Post Reply