Cziltang Brone - 'Isotope IV'

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Svartmetall

Cziltang Brone - 'Isotope IV'

Post by Svartmetall »

zim
Zim(a)

Re: Cziltang Brone - 'Isotope IV'

Post by zim »

you gotta give us some details man, you're making cool stuff, i want to know about it

what kind of gear are you using to make these tracks?
Svartmetall

Re: Cziltang Brone - 'Isotope IV'

Post by Svartmetall »

Thanks - I'm always happy to answer any questions about the stuff I make :)

This was all multi-tracked 7-string bass guitar for the sustained deep chord, and the weird noise on top is either radio static put through a Digitech preamp and a vocoder, or a sllde guitar put through the same; this was a couple of months ago now so I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head :) I'm using Studio One 3 Artist through a Tascam 4-in-4-out interface, and everything's mixed natively in that; the initial learning curve in using a DAW was terrifyingly steep, but I'm feeling more and more secure in what I'm doing now and pleased with the sonic results, especially with the last few M87 (which is the project that's closest to my heart) pieces that I've put out there.

I've just finished copying out the performing scores for two long (25- to 30-minute) M87 pieces that I originally wrote years ago back when I lived in Wales, and have revised and hopefully improved the pieces in the process; they will be the next M87 pieces to be recorded, though at least one new Devoid piece may rear its head in the meantime. It takes a hell of a lot of concentration to play a 30-minute piece from a score in multiple parts; I love the way 'NGC 2170' has come out, but it took 5 days of tracking in almost all my free time during the day (boo having to work! BOO, I say!) to get all the parts done right and at the end I was knackered :)