Incoming Spiky Boi

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Incoming Spiky Boi

Post by M.Bison »

Currently in final QC :xx:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Incoming Spiky Boi

Post by vO)))id »

Not a fan
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

iamgoat wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 21:22
Not a fan
Really? Why? It's pretty much a flat top Xiphos. I am looking forward to seeing it in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah from the front it looks a bit better but I was never a fan of the xyphos model.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

is cool
User
Metal God

Post by User »

damn that spikey
more metal
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

iamgoat wrote:
Not a fan
dude couldnt you have just given him your approval
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Verbal wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 07:24
iamgoat wrote:
Not a fan
dude couldnt you have just given him your approval
Exactly wtf man :necro:
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

It hath arrived. Looking forward to playing it later. Feels and looks amazing. The finish is really hard to capture with my crappy skills and phone.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Wenge neck :xx:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

nice...love the neck...that was my gripe with most of the xiphos models as most of them featured gloss painted necks Image
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Sound test of demo working on. Stolen blasphegram on stock footage, just as a test and for Lols. Very Vadim Von.
Drums and riffs obvs not final Yadda Yadda, just the first sketches, endless blast with fill in wrong place and timing off etc etc excuses for laziness.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

:xx:
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

M.Bison wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 17:34

Sound test of demo working on. Stolen blasphegram on stock footage, just as a test and for Lols. Very Vadim Von.
Drums and riffs obvs not final Yadda Yadda, just the first sketches, endless blast with fill in wrong place and timing off etc etc excuses for laziness.
yes wtf more of this :xx: :grim:
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

bison this sounds sick :xx:
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Hey thanks dudes didn't expect such positivity. I will work on it more when I can. As always, life gets in the way and also sard. I'm 32 and been wanting to do this project for at least the last 10 years and I'm still a newb :redneck:

Currently saving for a bass guitar and to finish the mancave.

Other than zim's kick ass sounding project, what other MABB music's do we have these days? Long gone are the fukkets, berserk surf beans, old rakes and blonde barons.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

thought this was gonna be about coronavirus
User
Metal God

Post by User »

metal as fuck :xx:

i want to make music but i am quite shit
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

how are you recordings your guitars bison? what are you tuned to?
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

zim wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 17:29
how are you recordings your guitars bison? what are you tuned to?
My old Digitech GSP1101 5150 model, with cab Sims off and using IR's (free ones I found). The 1101 is nowhere near the modern stuff axe FX kempers helix neural etc but the 5150 amp model is quite solid. Eventually I'll explore micing the cabinets more, but right now this is pretty much way easier to get going.

This is the Balaguer 7 string 27" tuned to Ab.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

interessant

half the reason i bought an axe fx was for ease of recording. i used guitar rig / amplitube for years but could never get over the latency. i think they've pretty much solved that though.

your guitars sound really clear though. i've still not figured out how to get a clear tone like that, i feel like i always have this weird layer of muddiness to my recorded guitars.

using anything interesting for drums? i've been using addictive drums which i really like, they don't sound like superior drummer which everyone uses these days
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

zim wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 22:31
interessant

half the reason i bought an axe fx was for ease of recording. i used guitar rig / amplitube for years but could never get over the latency. i think they've pretty much solved that though.

your guitars sound really clear though. i've still not figured out how to get a clear tone like that, i feel like i always have this weird layer of muddiness to my recorded guitars.

using anything interesting for drums? i've been using addictive drums which i really like, they don't sound like superior drummer which everyone uses these days

There you go zim, made you a video. Basically I've found a boost and shaving off all the low end to really help. I tend to do this on real amps and then use Res control or EQ in loop to add some sub low kind of oomph back in, doesn't seem to muddy up that way IRL, but I guess I'll leave that cut out on recordings for bass guitar when I eventually get one.

I found those two Impulses seem to work best for me from all the free ones I tried. I haven't explored buying any of like ownhammer or something. It's all a bit overwhelming choice really without chance to try things out before buying.

Drums are GGD. I haven't really changed them much from stock just EQ'd and a stock compressor with 'drum' preset picked as I have no idea how to use compressors properly.

Hope it helps. Your playing, sound and music sounds wayyyyy better and more original to me :xx: