Guitar folk

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Guitar folk

Post by zim »

my main tuning has been b standard for a few years now (carcass/cryptopsy style). i have 3 guitars in b but i really only play my ibanez these days. i love my ibanez rg570 so much, it feels so good. it has a dimarzio evolution in the bridge and now i want those in my other guitars. i'm only using 11 gauge strings so they are kind of loose but dig the feel

the two ibanez guitars i bought from lavabug are in E and C. one of them needs rewired and i have been sarding. i use them to play along with old thrash metal or gojira/necrophagist mostly

been recording with a scarlett 2i2 into cubase from my axe fx. can't praise the axe fx enough, endless fun and tweakage

i have at least 8 songs in progress with 2 being mostly finished. have a few hundred riff recordings on my phone but progress is still super slow
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Main tuning for me at the moment is E/drop D/drop A (neurosis style) on my telecaster.
Mockingbird is on D right now.

Got a bunch of other guitars but they need restringing. I totally sard and just play for fun nowadays. Not really writing anything.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I have an Eb tuned guitar that I use to jam old Metallica/Slayer/Sepultura favorites (since they all sounded best at Eb anyway to my ears) and a D standard guitar for the death metal stuffs. Decrepit Birth's first record and Inveracity have been my main death metal jams recently and also that new Disavowed record is slowly but surely growing on mein ears.

Both guitars are still my old Ibanez RG hardtails with EMG 81/85s and no tone knobs (moved vol knobs to where the tone knobs used to be on both kintars...because i like it that way)
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Billy Cranston wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 11:54
iamgoat wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 11:30

Mockingbird

nice! which series?
Old ass 80's japanese series. Reverse headstock, all black. Still plays great.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

That reminds me... gotta get my ibanez universe a check up soon.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

User wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 12:27
i don't like it as much though. i can't rest my thumb on the single rounded pickup as well when i am plucking. using a pick is OK.
you could try resting your thumb on the end of the fretboard, that's what I do. I think geezer butler used to do that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

looks like zim
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

get outta here gleeso
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

but why
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Jamming with the lads on some kinda modern post hardcore/pop punk stuff in drop D on LTD TE and Balaguer Midnight Series Thicket.

About to construct a little home studio.

Put together an all Jap RG550/RG Prestige (forget neck model, super wizard) eBay frankenstein, Dimarzio Titan/Gravity Storm with custom wiring.

Have another Korean Ibby Frankenstein in bits, removed the crappy quilted sapele veneer top and stripped all the finish. Gonna stain it black, have a single EMG81 and pickguard waiting to go on.

Waiting on modded JMP-1 preamp and semi custom Balaguer Tartarus 7-String to arrive.

Need some cables to wire up a rack rig I've put together with a Kartakou Colossus preamp (5150 clone, check em out)

Sarding actual practice mostly ha. Slowly working on long overdue solo generic death metal originals and the poppy stuff with the lads.