One of the holes in my nut stripped

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: One of the holes in my nut stripped

Post by vO)))id »

If this thread was in necro's bar the title would be super weird :redneck: :oldryan:

Can u post pics?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

oh god, the horror :oldryan:

you'll probably have to replace the entire locking nut, not a huge issue?

https://floydrose.com/products/original ... 0511209490
https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardw ... t-set.html
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Shining the uni signal for ya. :santa:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

There might be a mark on the underside of the nut. Or a part number.
The 1.6875 you mention means it is a R3 nut. (i.e. +/- 43 mm)
Just buy a new one. Be sure to check if the placement of the mounting holes are similair.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

:xx:
more metal
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

mabb fam :xx:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I kinda suspect this might be the one:

https://floydrose.com/products/1000-ser ... 2833390701

Sold out a.t.m. unfortunately. But perhaps avaliable through other stores.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Yeah a new nut is no biggy. Get it fixed Skinner
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

piggybacking on the floyd topic, i think i may have started to lose my taste for floyds maybe. ever since i started tuning to standard B on six strings i am too afraid to use them for fear of going out of tune. still love them on ..more suitable tunings though. i should probably switch to seven string or something but there's something awesome to me about tuning to B on a six string, feels old school cool.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:oldschool:

I agree. I love the floyd on my universe and also so like the kahler trems a lot, but fixed bridges are the bomb (evertune is amazing for gig and touring guitars)
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Ostx wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 23:31
:oldschool:

I agree. I love the floyd on my universe and also so like the kahler trems a lot, but fixed bridges are the bomb (evertune is amazing for gig and touring guitars)

i've tried to do some research on evertune and really low tunings like B standard but i can't find anything.

solar guitars recently released a signature model with an evertune for Martin Larsson (at the gates) and i know they tune to B. I wonder how it holds up / intonates / etc https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a ... ack-matte/

kind of interested in it even though i'm not in love with the shape, it is kind of badass, all black :grim: :grim: :grim:

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

fellating lover of mine swears by those bridges for touring and doing many gigs. I think he's in C# for some tunings and using .010 stringset. Not floppy and perfect tuning.

He toured with Shining as well, they are in D, and was using his guitar with evertune. Every night no issues.

I haven't tried them myself yet.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Skinfection wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 01:19
I've been seeing these evertune bridges popping up more. Are these some new, über bridge?

Also just ordered at set of Black Winter pickups :grim:
i bought a SD nazgul pickup for the guitar i've been building but haven't got to use it yet. i have fallen in love with the dimarzio evolution tho, tempted to put those in my other guitars now
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Black Winters are getting a lot of praise amongst multiple metal genres. Be interesting to hear your thoughts skin

How does Evo compare to other pickups you have tried zim.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

M.Bison wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 21:24
Black Winters are getting a lot of praise amongst multiple metal genres. Be interesting to hear your thoughts skin

How does Evo compare to other pickups you have tried zim.
can't say i have a ton of experience with other pickups but i've mostly played through seymour duncan pickups. the evo just sounds clearer to me, it doesn't have that weird low end sound that i heard with the sd's.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Skinfection wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 01:43
Pickups and tuners have arrived :gay: Just waiting on the nut then I'll start putting it together.
What parts did you get? I put locking Tuners on that ibanez Frankenstein. I have them on 4 guitars now and I think I'll probably eventually upgrade other guitars I have with them. They are quite convenient.
zim wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 01:53

can't say i have a ton of experience with other pickups but i've mostly played through seymour duncan pickups. the evo just sounds clearer to me, it doesn't have that weird low end sound that i heard with the sd's.
I've yet to try an Evo. I have Titans in two guitars (RG550 Mutt and JBM27) and they sound great for lower tunings. I was thinking about swapping the titan in RG550 for the Evo though, as i don't need that guitar in anything lower than Eb now Frankenstein is up and running. It can go back to being primarily a shreddy type guitar (not that I can play leads to save my life). Hit me up if you ever wanna trade pups :santa:

I once had a Charvel with a Duncan distortion pickup and I really liked how that sounded, it had a lot of bite and harmonic content. My fellating lover has had a few with JB's and they sounded good too, albeit a bit fatter rounder low end, not quite as aggressive but definitely beefier.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

M.Bison wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 05:06
zim wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 01:53

I've yet to try an Evo. I have Titans in two guitars (RG550 Mutt and JBM27) and they sound great for lower tunings. I was thinking about swapping the titan in RG550 for the Evo though, as i don't need that guitar in anything lower than Eb now Frankenstein is up and running. It can go back to being primarily a shreddy type guitar (not that I can play leads to save my life). Hit me up if you ever wanna trade pups :santa:

I once had a Charvel with a Duncan distortion pickup and I really liked how that sounded, it had a lot of bite and harmonic content. My fellating lover has had a few with JB's and they sounded good too, albeit a bit fatter rounder low end, not quite as aggressive but definitely beefier.
a couple years ago i bought a new jackson rr24 (https://www.pitbullaudio.com/jackson-pr ... -gray.html), it has a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion in the bridge and man, i absolutey do not like the sound of it. i can't quite describe it but it just sounds dull, it's not as sharp as i'd like. i'd like to try an evo pup in it one day if i ever unsard.

around the same time i also bought a used 1995 Ibanez RG570 which has the evo in the bridge. i hardly pick up my jacksons anymore, this guitar just feels and sounds almost perfect to me. i actually just swapped the stock lo-pro edge with an original floyd rose and up'd the string gauge to 12. it handled standard B really well and sounds great, tuning/intonation seems to be a bit better now.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

hellz yeah
more metal
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

i like how the first few words of the thread title really standout in the homepage
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

head dirt wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 04:17
Finally got some time to test out the new pickups and they're a huuuuuuge improvement over the stock Jackson's. Really loud/high output but surprisingly clean sounding. Everything comes through really clearly without fighting for space. I had to use about 20% less gain because of how hard they shred. Absolutely recommended :xx:
:xx::::::: good stuff