Old Rake Win Spear

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Old Rake Win Spear

Post by M.Bison »

I've been enjoying using Winspear picks lately. Specifically the Shuriken and Shiv/Mini-Shiv shapes. Thought I would try a bunch of different shapes and materials for next order. Noticed our old Old Rake has a signature pick with Winspear now, so picked up a few.

Cool picks. Check em out. Yet to try the strings.

The really fat thick one is ridiculous ha. Because they taper down to a point they don't FEEL as thick as they are, but really hit the strings hard. That giant broadsword is too big for me to use realistically, but I quite enjoy collecting and experimenting with the different shapes and materials. Really high quality stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Old Rake Win Spear

Post by vO)))id »

Jazz III for me too.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Oops, I'm telling a lie. The giant one is an 8mm Battle Axe. The Broadsword is the Dunlop Sharp kinda shaped one on the end left.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Ostx wrote:
26 May 2021, 00:05
Jazz III for me too.
Jazz III for life :xx: I recently switched to the white ones that don't have raised lettering, I really like how smooth they are
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

zim wrote:
26 May 2021, 00:34
Ostx wrote:
26 May 2021, 00:05
Jazz III for me too.
Jazz III for life :xx: I recently switched to the white ones that don't have raised lettering, I really like how smooth they are
The ultex material is great too! Maybe even nicer than the regular nylon ones.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

I've gone from Jazz III's too lads, my go to is the normal red ones and the newer John Petrucci J3's, which I think are made of ultex with a polished tip. The Shiv type Winspears will probably be your cuppa teas shape wise; material to taste.

Winspear's materials, whatever they are, are really nice feeling and sounding. Whatever the Stealth series are made of really does rub off on your hands and strings with like a black coal kind of dust, but it sounds great and feels really quite grippy and tactile, that one is my current favourite.

I'm not shilling these, just impressed with the quality and like to share lesser known small companies :santa:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:xx:
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Coincidentally to my comment of shilling, Winspear just posted a 15% off all Stealth picks for the next 24hrs :greenie:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

A fellating lover of mine also released his own through another company.
They light up in the dark too. Really clever when doing shows on dark stages. Made by Iron Age.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i've been using the tortex 1.14mm for so long it's just kind of an instinctual thing, never really thought to try anything else

perhaps i will try and branch out :bulb: