M87 - 'Gravity Waves (Redux)' 50-minute space epic

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Svartmetall

M87 - 'Gravity Waves (Redux)' 50-minute space epic

Post by Svartmetall »

This was one of the very first M87 pieces I ever recorded, an improvisation done on 4-track cassette back in about 1994 not long after I came up with the idea for the M87 project itself.

Despite the inherent sonic limitations I'd always liked its atmosphere, so out of curiosity I decided to transfer it to hard disk from the original 4-track tape (which had definitely degraded a little; there was noticeable distortion on the 'choral' sounding track, and the stereo image was wonky in places) and see what I could do to restore and (hopefully) improve it. This huge, cavernous soundscape is the result. Sit back, sink into deepest space and enjoy.

M.Bison
Ancient One

Re: M87 - 'Gravity Waves (Redux)' 50-minute space epic

Post by M.Bison »

You should put all this stuff on Spotify so it's easier to play through proper speakers and not just on YouTube devices.
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

M.Bison wrote:
13 May 2023, 23:39
You should put all this stuff on Spotify so it's easier to play through proper speakers and not just on YouTube devices.
Nah, Spotify rip off musicians horribly; I am considering Bandcamp, though. I listem to YT on my gaming PC, which has a good sub-and-stereo-pair speaker setup from Microlab; what do you watch youTube on?
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Phone and TV. But I use Spotify for music in car or through Sonos at home. considering it's more of an ambient type of music, ie something you might have on in the background it should be on a music streaming or something
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

Yeah, I'm investigating options...

btw I think I reported your reply by mistake! sry :)
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

mods are going to ban him, that was his 10th report this week
User
Metal God

Post by User »

this report has been closed, nothing to see here, move along
more metal