First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Mesarthim »

for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .



[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube]



I used to really be into bootlegs and obscure music videos and I recall I downloaded this song/video on mIRC sometime in the late 90's.

it took hours to download stuff like this (56k modem LOL) so I was always awake really late at night searching and would have them download while I slept or was at school. I recall watching this one really late at night with the lights off and I don't know what it was about it... visually and musically I was impressed and I never looked back after that.



it's funny. stuff like this is available readily at your fingertips nowadays but back then I remember I would hours or days searching for music sometimes with little to no results. record stores obviously didn't carry stuff like this so it was the internet or nothing (a lot of mail order was only available in Europe or very limited in the USA and sites like Amazon were still in their infancy.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by rhino »

[youtube]cKGssVRODd8[/youtube]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Abzu »

"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm"



I think it may have been Dark Funeral - Secrets of the Black Arts.

[youtube]Tu093hkiUMU[/youtube]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
-M-
Ancient One
Posts: 2033
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:28

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by -M- »

I don't remember. It was like 20 years ago :huh:
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Lumbergh"]for me it was Emperor - The Loss And Curse Of Reverence .



[youtube]6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube][/quote]



This.



And: Dimmu Borgir - Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria

[youtube]TR8-S-g1eGo[/youtube]
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Anjel »

Probably something with Mayhem. I think it was Chainsaw gutsfuck.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by jawn galliano »

something by emperor, hell if i can remember what song it was. heard it on the radio waaaay back when and as a result, went out and bought anthems.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Mesarthim »

yeah I remember I got into Dimmu Borgir soon after my discovery of Emperor. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant had only recently come out and Spiritual Black Dimensions came out a little over a year of me blasting EDT as I recall. I loved both albums, it's a shame the band is such a joke nowadays. they had so much potential.





Immortal were next I believe. I had seen the video for Blashyrkh and thought there is no way something so hilariously awesome could be bad.



[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]



Satyircon after that of course.



[youtube]PaTX4qd-U2s[/youtube]



just been looking back at my roots recently. although I recall listening to other bands like Cradle Of Filth, Dark Funeral, etc, I never really got into them and don''t really listen to them anymore. oddly enough I never got into bands like Burzum or Mayhem until much later despite knowing of them fairly early on.



:grimgreenie:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by zim »

this was my first and last



[youtube]32n1AK6o5i0[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I don't remember, something from bathory and venom of course
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by FUKKET »

For me it was this i think -



http://www.discogs.com/Various-Blackend ... ase/384446



A compilation that had many awesome tracks on it. I remember falling 'in-love' with Emperor and a few other too.

But I may have got Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz before that, after reading awesome & intriguing reviews on it (when I was getting into occult stuff as a teener)
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by shadowalk »

If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.



Otherwise it's...

[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]

I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood. :grimb:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="shadowalk"]If Darkthrone's Cromlech or Cradle Of Filth's entire V Empire EP count then I'd say either one of those.



Otherwise it's...

[youtube]LtT3AIX3_js[/youtube]

I remember the CD extra had a video interview in it with both Fenriz and Nocturno Culto in their everyday 'grim' mood. :grimb:[/quote]

Those interviews are funny and fun.



If we're counting Cradle of Filth, which we probably shouldn't be, my first is actually Dusk... And Her Embrace.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Praise of Death
Neophyte
Posts: 49
Joined: 25 Dec 2009, 20:04

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Praise of Death »

Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, if we don't count Bathory and Venom ofcourse. It was early '95 if I remember correctly.... :god:
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Syysysyd »

It was either Cof-babalon a.d. or dimmu borgir-progenies of the great apocalypse
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Love of Lava »

mayhem - pure fucking armageddon

and something of immortal
love of lava.
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: First Black Metal band and song that you heard.

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

If you wanna count Cradle, Her Ghost in the Fog



otherwise,

Dimmu Borgir - Spellbound and Emperor - Thus Spakes The Nightspirit
Image
Post Reply