Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I won't be there. You're traveling all the way here to see Nile?
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Yeah, me and some friends decided a few months back to do it for the laugh. Gonna see them 3 times in 4 days. Sarcophagus is on the setlist, ive heard. 

- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.
- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, me and some friends decided a few months back to do it for the laugh. Gonna see them 3 times in 4 days. Sarcophagus is on the setlist, ive heard.
[/quote]
This kind of trips are awesome! I have twice traveled to see Iron Maiden abroad with my mates and both trips have been very memorable.
This kind of trips are awesome! I have twice traveled to see Iron Maiden abroad with my mates and both trips have been very memorable.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Cool!
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Void"]Cool!
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.[/quote]
its valentines day
[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can fuck off.
Hopefully I can be present on the 14th, monday. It's a shitty day for a concert - but hopefully I can go.[/quote]
its valentines day
[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can fuck off.

- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can i love you and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us.[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]I hope it works out well for you, Frodo.[/quote]
And you can i love you and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us.[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I would like to see melechesh. 
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.
[/quote]
From what i've seen on youtube videos and heard from folks who've seen them, their drummer lets them down big time on the fast parts. :doubleoldlarsulrich:
From what i've seen on youtube videos and heard from folks who've seen them, their drummer lets them down big time on the fast parts. :doubleoldlarsulrich:

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
their drummer is the one I'm doing uni777's EP with now. Trust me, he did an amazing job on this recording.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Void"]

their drummer is the one I'm doing uni777's EP with now. Trust me, he did an amazing job on this recording.[/quote]
His drumming on albums is superb, i was very surprised with the negative feedback.
The intro to rebirth of the nemesis is pure win.
their drummer is the one I'm doing uni777's EP with now. Trust me, he did an amazing job on this recording.[/quote]
His drumming on albums is superb, i was very surprised with the negative feedback.
The intro to rebirth of the nemesis is pure win.

- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I think i know where the bad drumming tales come from. We did a Partysan gig a few years ago where he screws up the first blast beat part of rebirth of the nemesis, badly. I know what happend as i was onstage there but youtube viewers dont know the troubles he had.
The entire gig was filmed by cameramen on stage who were in the way all the time. I almost tripped over one trying to get to the mic to sing. One hard-on bearer behind the drumriser kept stepping on his headset cables and was constantly bothering him with stepping on his stuff..
The comments on that video are very bad. And some so insulting it is ridicuous. Oh well.. brave internet warriors.
The entire gig was filmed by cameramen on stage who were in the way all the time. I almost tripped over one trying to get to the mic to sing. One hard-on bearer behind the drumriser kept stepping on his headset cables and was constantly bothering him with stepping on his stuff..
The comments on that video are very bad. And some so insulting it is ridicuous. Oh well.. brave internet warriors.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?
Are you hitting either show uni777?

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul
[/quote]
I'll be going to the Rotterdam gig. it'll be nice to talk to Yuri again. It has been a while since we spoke since january was basicly preparation time for the tours for him. After the euro leg is finished they almost immedeatly leave for the US for 1 1/2 months of touring abroad. I doubt if we have any chance to do some band interaction in the 6 days in between.
Yuri has been doing all the shows since gigging for sphinx began with the exception of one show at Club Rock-it in Toronto where Proscriptor played drums.
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I mistakenly thought it was Xul still drumming with them. Their current drummer is called Yuri i hear.
Are you hitting either show uni777?[/quote]
Yuri = Xul
I'll be going to the Rotterdam gig. it'll be nice to talk to Yuri again. It has been a while since we spoke since january was basicly preparation time for the tours for him. After the euro leg is finished they almost immedeatly leave for the US for 1 1/2 months of touring abroad. I doubt if we have any chance to do some band interaction in the 6 days in between.
Yuri has been doing all the shows since gigging for sphinx began with the exception of one show at Club Rock-it in Toronto where Proscriptor played drums.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
hey do we need to look out for an irish bloke at the show? How do we recognize you? 
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Void"]hey do we need to look out for an irish bloke at the show? How do we recognize you?
[/quote]
He is the one who is wearing a kilt?
He is the one who is wearing a kilt?
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I'll be in a nile or psycroptic shirt
I'll PM you.
I'll PM you.

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
psycroptic? talk about unreadable logo's 
edit: nvm, thought it looked different
edit: nvm, thought it looked different
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
How was the gig in Doornroosje, Nijmegen?
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.
[/quote]
Me too. In Nigmejem.
Me too. In Nigmejem.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.
[/quote]
Me too. In Nigmejem.[/quote]

[quote name="TAM TAM"]I would like to see melechesh.
Me too. In Nigmejem.[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Mutilator"]How was the gig in Doornroosje, Nijmegen?[/quote]
There was a mix up there. The dates were originally back to back but then they changed it after we had the plane tickets bought. So we only get to see them in rotterdam now.
Fuck it, two nights in Amsterdam then rotterdam, i'm not complaining.
There was a mix up there. The dates were originally back to back but then they changed it after we had the plane tickets bought. So we only get to see them in rotterdam now.
Fuck it, two nights in Amsterdam then rotterdam, i'm not complaining.

- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Ah Rotterdam Baroeg? A small but great metal venue
How where they?
How was Amsterdam?
Did you buy that Nile dvd they only sell at gigs? I'm very curious about it actually...
How where they?
How was Amsterdam?
Did you buy that Nile dvd they only sell at gigs? I'm very curious about it actually...
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
I just got into amsterdam now. 
I saw nile and melechesh l;ast night
Unbelieveble.
I'll be wearing a meelechesh sphinx shirt. Hope to see you guys there.
I saw nile and melechesh l;ast night
I'll be wearing a meelechesh sphinx shirt. Hope to see you guys there.

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
sorry man, kept my eyes open for ya but couldn't find you
I was wearing a deathspell omega shirt and a black zipper hoodie.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.

- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.

- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
[/quote]
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.[/quote]
Told you so. He is an amazing drummer. And very versatile. What he does with Melechesh differs totally with what he does with our band. Which is totally different from his drumming in Thanatos. He can adapt to a wide range of styles.
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Yeah, it was pretty packed and messy anyway. Finding folks is easier said than done in such conditions.
The show was great. Nile and melechesh is a nice combo.
Satisfied with the way Yuri performed on drums?[/quote]
Yeah. absolutely. He nailed it both in Dublin and the netherlands. 10/10.[/quote]
Told you so. He is an amazing drummer. And very versatile. What he does with Melechesh differs totally with what he does with our band. Which is totally different from his drumming in Thanatos. He can adapt to a wide range of styles.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Makes me proud of our little padawan 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
The blasting section just before the first break in rebirth of nemesis requires a lot of speed stamina and precision. My interpretation is that hes blasting at about 250bpm and alternating from the ride onto a tom and aux snare to form a grove. Fucking impresssive.

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
yeah, the blasts on the snare go on (left hand) while he hits the ride, between those ride hits he hits the 3rd rack tom (or floor tom?) and his snare with his right hand to form that groove. (tom - ride - snare - ride - tom, tom, snare - ride... etc.)
When he came up with that idea he showed it to me at the rehearsal place... it really really impressed me.
When he came up with that idea he showed it to me at the rehearsal place... it really really impressed me.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
[quote name="Void"]yeah, the blasts on the snare go on (left hand) while he hits the ride, between those ride hits he hits the 3rd rack tom (or floor tom?) and his snare with his right hand to form that groove. When he came up with that idea he showed it to me at the rehearsal place... it really really impressed me.[/quote]
Ive always preferrred this to Kollias's or Roddy's versions.
Wow, youve known him quite sometime.
Drum geek question: does he use an extra snare? If so where is it mounted?
Ive always preferrred this to Kollias's or Roddy's versions.
Wow, youve known him quite sometime.
Drum geek question: does he use an extra snare? If so where is it mounted?

- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Any dutch users seeing Nile/Melechesh this month??
Yeah, I guess I've known uni and Yuri for about 8 years now.
No, he doesn't have an extra snare. At least not as far as I know, maybe he does with Melechesh but I don't think so.
No, he doesn't have an extra snare. At least not as far as I know, maybe he does with Melechesh but I don't think so.