Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

Pretty awesome stuff. What do you you think?

[youtube]CY3cJtHCb_o[/youtube]
Image
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Mesarthim »

I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Ninny »

:redneck:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]I can dig it. I see they got the Peruvian flute player from the mall to guest on their album.[/quote]



Oh man, we have those same guys here. I got their album when i was drunk. One of the tracks open to the sound of a school massacre then crossfades into what sounds like a rendition of My Heart Will Go On. :redneck:



On the topic of this song, it's classical.
Image
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by RitesOfPossession »

Folk Metal :frown:



But actually this doesn't sound that bad.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by agony bagony »

ain't bad
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal :frown: [/quote]



Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.



The panpipes are definitely folky.
Image
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Mesarthim »

ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]



I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.



*awaits johnnys negative response*
Image
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Ctrl + Hmn + Del"]ain't nothing wrong with folk metal. I think it's cool when bands incorporate musical instruments into their music that are native to their country.[/quote]



I agree, i'm surprised there are no significant Irish folk bands. Done well, it could be awesome.



*awaits johnnys negative response*[/quote]



did you see my riverdance thread?
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

Good point.



Have you listened to Kila? I defy you not to like them.
Image
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by vO)))id »

We should all love these Peruvian folk bands because they keep the giant Guinee pigs at bay. :krinor:
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Folk Metal :frown: [/quote]



Honestly, i didnt know what to call it.



The panpipes are definitely folky.[/quote]

I wasn't pulling you up on calling this folk metal, I was :frown: -ing at the general concept of Folk Metal. However, as my knowledge of folk metal extends as far as Turisas I'm probably not qualified to make any statements about it.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

I think i got where you were coming from :beer:



This is metal, with some folk-esque elements :idea:
Image
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I'd be interested in hearing asian folk metal. *checks for said on youtube*
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Ch'aska - Peruvian folk metal.

Post by Hugo. »

Theres that band Shun Tzu, theyre pretty fucking heavy but they have some cool far eastern influences.
Image
Post Reply