What are your hopes for the new Spawn of Possession?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

What are your hopes for the new Spawn of Possession?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Cabinet is my favourite by far, but Noctumbulant had some really awesome moments aswell. The demo stuff that floats around on Youtube sounds too much Necrophagist IMO :huh:
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: What are your hopes for the new Spawn of Possession?

Post by Anjel »

Very high.



[youtube]JR3PaKgPuvE[/youtube]

[youtube]xTPoetk8OEI[/youtube]



It sounds way better. It sounds like SOP.

It's gonna sound even more Sop now that Röndum is back.



It's going to be amazing with Erlend on bass too. He hinted there will be some fretless playing too. :idea:
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: What are your hopes for the new Spawn of Possession?

Post by shadowalk »

Well then I hope they won't venture that much into Necrophagist territory. :oldryan: I don't really have any expectations for them though I think it would be interesting if they incorporated some Suffocation/Blood Red Throne-style breakdowns in their music.
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: What are your hopes for the new Spawn of Possession?

Post by Mr. P »

Well, none. I have seen them live and I did dig what I heard but this is just one of those bands which I don't like on album.
:xx:
Post Reply