Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

Go forth, appreciate:

[youtube]2Dx8TP9UMX8[/youtube]

[youtube]f0_10xYR9VQ[/youtube]

:luke:
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by shadowalk »

Appreciate :idea:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

The lack of appreciation in this thread is quite distressing
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="shadowalk"]Appreciate :idea:[/quote]



This band is awesome!!! :xx: :grimxx:
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mesarthim »

pity they never did anything else. that album is a classic.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Verbal »

the two appalling spawn albums are worth throwing your ears at
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="The Art Of Sard"]pity they never did anything else. that album is a classic.[/quote]



They sounded like a band with a lot more to give :idea:
Image
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Verbal »

i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

I'm trying to get my hands on the elvenefris shirt + dual CD reissue from the label but they're taking their sweet-ass time to send me an invoice. Remastered version + a tee is pretty neat:



Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen :frown:[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]



WTF is going on in this thread?
Image
User avatar
Aaron
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 12:31

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Aaron »

I'd fucking loved their only album. If only the shit under Lykathe actually happens. The quality of the music is way too good to just be a one album wonder.
Image
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]
[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen :frown:[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]



WTF is going on in this thread?[/quote]

A whole lot of not giving a fuck what anyone else said, it seems.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Hugo. »

Thanks for acknowledging me. :santa:
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

Devy's a trendsetter, that's what! Yeah! Woo!
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]Thanks for acknowledging me. :santa:[/quote]

Image
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]
[quote name="Devy"]They're still claiming they'll release a new album under the name Lykathé. I'll be amazed if that ever happens.[/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]they were supposed to release something under lykathe but that's probably never going to happen :frown:[/quote]

[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]



WTF is going on in this thread?[/quote]



my post was my way of pointing out what skinner had done.



and i had a five euro bet with myself that no one would notice
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

Got the dual disc remastered version in the mail today. Spun a few tracks and apparently sounds much, much clearer than the original. Haven't heard the bonus tracks yet. Ripped that shit at 256k onto my mp3 player. Booklet is pretty cool. The tee is pretty high quality too, not the typical cheap crap. Hurray for non-black band shirts!



So yeah definitely worth getting the package from the label if you dig this band.
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

Is that new? I can't find it to buy anywhere, I might have to search the blogs.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Devy"]Is that new? I can't find it to buy anywhere, I might have to search the blogs.[/quote]

The remaster + tee reissue came out last year, check the official label: <!-- m -->http://eshop.obscene.cz/eshop/LYKATHEA% ... %20Z73673A<!-- m -->



I got two compilation CD's and a shit ton of flyers and stickers for some Czech festival as a bonus too. :redneck: No idea what bands are on it yet, but the artwork on the cd's is cool.



It was around 26€ shipped to the anus of Spain.
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

Money's a bit tight, so I've found a download to tide me over. If it's the eargasm I'm expecting though, I'll definitely jump on this at some point soon :santa:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Devy »

I'm amazed by how much better this version sounds, it's ridiculous! :thingy:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah its like a "guitar-tab friendly" version of the album. Drums, vocals and guitars all have their own space, Ican even hear guitar parts I never heard before on the original! The extra tracks are pretty interesting, glad I bought this.



I'm thinking the 2nd CD (original version) is included in a sort of "lend 1 to your friends!" vibe... but I have no friends to lend it to. :eyes:



Nespithe needs a remaster like this.
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mesarthim »

Devy post a link to thAt shit in FS
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

Buy that shit yo! Maybe an up in sales will motivate them to do something under the Lykathe banner.
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Verbal »

i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

i love you
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mesarthim »

Don't encourage him.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mutilator »

Although I already own the cd and the shirt for years,

Image

Image



I'll go buy this remaster anyway since it's a killer album.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Lavabug »

Damn, that one looks even better, mine is beige and there is no back/side print.

Been listening to the remaster all day. :thingy:
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mutilator »

Thanks. On youtube I found this info in the comments be some poster named blackwaterpark:



<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzTYw7kr ... re=related<!-- m -->

It's a year old but he says they have added a new singer,a female, and have some songs written. Best of all, the drummer is healed from his leginjury that caused the band to dissolve in the first place. He does live session drumming for Maniac Butcher atm.



[quote name="Lavabug"]I'm trying to get my hands on the elvenefris shirt + dual CD reissue from the label but they're taking their sweet-ass time to send me an invoice. Remastered version + a tee is pretty neat:



Image[/quote]



The language barrier on their page is annoying. I've now gotten a confirmation mail of the order.

So I gotta wait for an email with their invoice wich contains a link to paypal I guess?



Can't wait for this: It's not just remastered but also remixed :thingy:
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by Mutilator »

[youtube]i7inlxF5NtI[/youtube]



[youtube]r1uqY8pZI8o[/youtube]



Awesome! Never heard these versions before :thingy:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Lykathea Aflame appreciation.

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Verbal"]i know theyre broken up now... but wasnt there some talk that they were going to release something under the name lykathe? probably not likely to happen at this stage id imagine[/quote]



i don't know, man. i'm just not sure.
Post Reply