lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
Where exactly is this drum beat inversion in Blackened?
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="rhino"]lars is annoying
[/quote]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="Dusto"]it's right after the solo before the final verse[/quote]
So it is...I always thought something sounded a bit strange around that part of the song.
So it is...I always thought something sounded a bit strange around that part of the song.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="rhino"]lars is annoying
[/quote]
i watched behind the music today - he's always chewing gum & waving his hands around
i watched behind the music today - he's always chewing gum & waving his hands around
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
I think that I would very much enjoy punching him in the face.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
...or you could just ignore him, and put your energy to some actual positive use
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
you will make a great teacher
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
a.) Watch funny video on YouTube and chuckle.
b.) Punch Lars in the face and laugh hysterically.
Your Answer ___B___.
b.) Punch Lars in the face and laugh hysterically.
Your Answer ___B___.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
The question is hypothetical and does not factor in the almighty sard.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
the only good thing about lars ulrich is absolutely nothing
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="Verbal"]the only good thing about lars ulrich is absolutely nothing[/quote]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Santyago"]James Hetfield is the best musician in Metallica, in my opinion.[/quote][/quote]
I'd wager that he's a considerably better lead player than Kirk.
[quote name="Santyago"]James Hetfield is the best musician in Metallica, in my opinion.[/quote][/quote]
I'd wager that he's a considerably better lead player than Kirk.

- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
I watched Some Kind of Monster last night because of the funny clips in this thread. I cannot believe just how set apart from reality Lars and Kirk are. They just seem like these two idiots doing their best to sound deep and profound but only ending up profoundly stupid.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="pulsar"]I watched Some Kind of Monster last night because of the funny clips in this thread. I cannot believe just how set apart from reality Lars and Kirk are. They just seem like these two idiots doing their best to sound deep and profound but only ending up profoundly stupid.[/quote]
The bit where they showcase the album for the first time and Kirk is doing Backing vocals

The bit where they showcase the album for the first time and Kirk is doing Backing vocals

- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Santyago"]James Hetfield is the best musician in Metallica, in my opinion.[/quote][/quote]
I'd wager that he's a considerably better lead player than Kirk.[/quote]
I wish I could find this proof for you but you are correct. There was an interview I read many, many moons ago where Kirk himself even admitted James is a phenomenal lead guitarist, better than him, and always felt so lucky that James wanted him to be in the band. It has always stuck with me. Even though Lars and James may have been the founders, I always felt the heart and soul was with James and Cliff.

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="Santyago"]James Hetfield is the best musician in Metallica, in my opinion.[/quote][/quote]
I'd wager that he's a considerably better lead player than Kirk.[/quote]
I wish I could find this proof for you but you are correct. There was an interview I read many, many moons ago where Kirk himself even admitted James is a phenomenal lead guitarist, better than him, and always felt so lucky that James wanted him to be in the band. It has always stuck with me. Even though Lars and James may have been the founders, I always felt the heart and soul was with James and Cliff.
Fuck 'em
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
was cliff really the hero everyone thinks he was?
- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
Metallica of nowadays is the classic metal band that is appreciated by those who actually DON'T really like metal: the masses.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="Verbal"]was cliff really the hero everyone thinks he was?[/quote]
Hero? can't agree or disagree but he WAS the musical genius behind them. He brought much to the band. They have acknowledged that many times before in interviews. Hard to say what might have been though. I don't think he would have worn fucking makeup though and tried to look like a tramp bitch. [edited for spell-check]
Hero? can't agree or disagree but he WAS the musical genius behind them. He brought much to the band. They have acknowledged that many times before in interviews. Hard to say what might have been though. I don't think he would have worn fucking makeup though and tried to look like a tramp bitch. [edited for spell-check]
Fuck 'em
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: lars ulrich is not a very good drummer.
[quote name="Skincision"]it still makes one wonder what direction they wouldve went in if cliff were still in the band. or if he wouldve quit and gone on to do a solo project.[/quote]
maybe more 'prog' (hate that word...but that's how I cna put it) - say around the black album period - just some more 'far out' ideas and sounds, as in the Battery bass intro, that's pretty
when you think about it.
I reckon it would be like AJFA, long songs, tech but with some 'prog' ideas.
He would've gone
to Bob Rock producing for sure!
"What? he's a glam producer, fuckin Motley Crue 'n' shit - fuck that shit! We're METAL UP YOUR ASS!"
maybe more 'prog' (hate that word...but that's how I cna put it) - say around the black album period - just some more 'far out' ideas and sounds, as in the Battery bass intro, that's pretty
I reckon it would be like AJFA, long songs, tech but with some 'prog' ideas.
He would've gone
"What? he's a glam producer, fuckin Motley Crue 'n' shit - fuck that shit! We're METAL UP YOUR ASS!"