MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Mesarthim »

MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS - June 6, 2011



Image



U.K.'s psychedelic fruital death metal masters MITHRAS have announced the return of longtime frontman/bassist Rayner Coss.



Rayner, who left the band back in 2008, commented, "Firstly, it's good to be back!



"When I departed in 2008, Leon [Macey, guitar/drums] and I had been playing in bands together non-stop for over 12 years, and for various reasons I was finding it really difficult dedicating the necessary amount of time and attention to MITHRAS. But, during the near three years I've been away, my situation has changed to the point where I'm able to fully concentrate on the band again.



"We've gone straight to work on the new record, which Leon already had a lot of ideas down for and so far it's been the easiest writing process we've ever had, which is really promising."



Macey added, "It's great to be working with a re-energized Rayner on new material again, and the tracks we're developing for the next album are sounding incredible.



"Even though I needed a rest and had put MITHRAS practically on hiatus for the last six months, I already had a fair amount of material demoed up which I'd been working on solo. It's only taken a month to get Rayner up to speed with where I'm at with everything and it's also extra great because I don't need to record the vocals myself now, haha! So for the next record, we'll be sticking to the formula which worked great on all our others, Rayner Coss on oratory/bass and Leon Macey on guitars/drums."



The as-yet-untitled follow-up to the critically acclaimed "Behind The Shadows Lie Madness" (which was released in 2007 via Candelight Records) is due sometime in 2012.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by zim »

I love Mithras but am upset by this news. To me his vocals were the weak point in the band and really stopped me from listening sometimes.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by RitesOfPossession »

Really? I always thought his vocals were pretty cool. I really hope this means the're going to be releasing something fairly soon... we'll just have to wait and see.
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by TamPron »

This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by M.Bison »

[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:[/quote]
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="M.Bison"]
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE devy's clits"]This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:[/quote][/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Ninny »

:frown:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Devy »

Didn't Beany say he was returning to hopland? If so, then I am pleased with this development. If not, :waa:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by deckard »

Yeah, he is. Leon was planning on doing the 4th album all by himself (vocals and bass included) but now things have changed with Rayner. They both seem really energized by it :xx:



What I've heard of the new stuff is really :xx::::::::::::::
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Devy »

[quote name="Devy"]then I am pleased with this development[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
L Macey
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 68
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 08:09
Location: Space

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by L Macey »

Sam is going back down under very soon - when he joined I was aware he would probably do so at some point.



We did make a record together though, which took nearly 3 years, the new one from The Senseless- 'The Floating World' which is being pressed up really soon :gay:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Hugo. »

Cool man. You both do good stuffs. :fonz:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="L Macey"]Sam is going back down under very soon - when he joined I was aware he would probably do so at some point.



We did make a record together though, which took nearly 3 years, the new one from The Senseless- 'The Floating World' which is being pressed up really soon :gay:[/quote]

I'm really psyched to hear it. You two have a real tendency to create pure win.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Love of Lava »

mr coss back :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy:

fuck yessss :xx: :xx: :xx:
love of lava.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Looking forward for new stuff :xx:
User avatar
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness
Posts: 815
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 22:14
Location: imaginary beach

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by Love of Lava »

what happend to the "time never lasts" demo track ??? :krinor:

it isn't available anymore :tear:
love of lava.
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by deckard »

:santa:
User avatar
darkreignofset
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 66
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 08:58
Contact:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Post by darkreignofset »

[quote name="Love of Lava"]what happend to the "time never lasts" demo track ??? :krinor:

it isn't available anymore :tear:[/quote]

dood, these things never last :lol:
Image
Post Reply