When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Haunty »

[youtube]3an8jdsVM3s[/youtube]



Was somebody listening to this...

[youtube]byEPbNGKwKQ[/youtube]

and go "that's pretty fuckin' awesome, but I could probably make that at least 75% more obnoxious"?
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hugo. »

The meshuggah pattern syncopates the same quadruplet over six bars. The monstrosity one 'rights' itself and the end of every second bar. Haake follows the drums with the DB in Bleed. Also, the monstrosity guitars introduce that cool melody into their one.



I see where youre going with it though.



"that's pretty fuckin' awesome, but I could probably make that at least 75% more obnoxious"?



Actually thats a pretty good explaination :redneck:



Both are killer tracks *plays bleed*
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Devy »

Bleed is watching a hard-on bearer break the world record for sprinting, Perpetual War is watching a naked woman jogging.



Both are impressive, but only one causes a commotion in my codpiece.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Verbal »

:paw:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hugo. »

The day I lost faith in nilechat was when I posted perpetual war in a thread for epic intros and the only comment that acknowledged it was one which said 'good song, but not really an epic intro.'



I OF COURSE proceded to exit the building hastily all like :krinor:



Also, I hate when meshuggah cut the bit after the solo in Bleed out :ra:
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Haunty »

I love this top comment on Bleed:


TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR T TRR
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hugo. »

I lol'd at that too :gay:
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hugo. »

The deluge of IDI praise that came out on it's release was so obviously fucking fake and orchestrated I couldnt believe it.
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by zim »

mehshuggah
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by jawn galliano »

DJUN DJUIN



(permutations of DJUN DJUN)



DJUN DJUN DJUN



(permutations of DJUN DJUN DJUN)



OMG ARITHMETIC IS SO ADVANCED



(reprise of DJUN DJUN)



DJUN



(wicked impressed)



DJUN DJUN DJUN



(omg whats songwriting? basic arithmetic is the new music, fuck yourselves!)
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Haunty »

I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



The first part isn;t too bad, the second verse is just ridiculous.
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by zim »

[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



:necro:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="HbW"]I want you to sit down and play any 30 seconds of Bleed accurately in the first 20 tries. Go ahead, I've got time.





Not saying I like or listen to Meshuggah, but still, credit where credit is due.[/quote]



make me
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Haunty »

You owe it to yourself to give up on this shit after a few tries.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: When I hear "Bleed" by Meshuggah, I wonder...

Post by Hallucinating dead »

The bard appreciate mehshitgay and hates opeth like anything. :alien: :alien:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Post Reply