BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by Mesarthim »

BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour - Sep. 8, 2010



German power metallers BLIND GUARDIAN will embark on the North American leg of the "Sacred Worlds And Songs Divine 2010 World Tour" in the fall. The trek, which is scheduled to kick off on November 19 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and conclude on December 22 in West Springfield, Virginia, will feature support from California's HOLY GRAIL and Florida's SEVEN KINGDOMS.



Commented BLIND GUARDIAN lead vocalist Hansi Kürsch: "Christmas will be a little earlier this year, 'cause the GUARDIAN is coming to town in November and December!



"The band is really excited to announce this upcoming tour. Finally we will get the chance to preach our Sacred Words and play our Songs Divine somewhere near your neighborhood.



"We have prepared a nice package of music and bands for our Northern American followers. Our friends from HOLY GRAIL and SEVEN KINGDOMS will join us on this glorious mission and will have their part in these magical nights to come. Both bands are underground now, but I can feel that the future is theirs. They really carry the spirit of a new American power metal generation.



"Touring the U.S. and Canada does always means a tremendous amount of fun, so we are really anxious to see if the people in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Albuquerque — where we have not played before — can scream as loud as their brothers and sisters in New York, Quebec, Toronto, or Hollywood. We'll soon find out when we meet you at the edge of time.



"Of course, we have to arrange some time in between playing and traveling for some Christmas gift shopping. I am sure I will find plenty of cool 'Star Wars' action figures and I am already aware of some great Christmas shops near Washington where I will be able to get some great atypical Christmas tree ornaments.



"Strange worlds we are living in: The funniest ones sometimes have been produced in Germany, where you can't get them in stores, so the U.S./Canada trip definitely pays off.



“As for books: Last time we ended up in Portland for a day, and whether I'll make it to Powell's (City of) Books, you never know. :-) All in all, I have far too many books which I have not yet read, but I am constantly working on it. Since I am getting older and the saying is: 'The older you get, the less sleep you need,' I am very optimistic I will manage to read them all when the nights are getting shorter."



Confirmed North American dates for the "Sacred Worlds And Songs Divine Tour" are as follows:



Nov. 19 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA

Nov. 20 - Nokia Theatre - New York, NY

Nov. 21 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Nov. 23 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - Canada

Nov. 25 - Theatre Capitole - Quebec City, QC - Canada

Nov. 26 - Kool Haus - Toronto, ON - Canada

Nov. 27 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Royal Oak, MI

Nov. 29 - Bottom Lounge - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL

Nov. 30 - The Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN

Dec. 01 - The Garrick Centre - Winnipeg, MB - Canada

Dec. 03 - MacEwan Hall Ballroom - Calgary, AB - Canada

Dec. 04 - The Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB - Canada

Dec. 06 - Showbox at The Market - Seattle, WA

Dec. 08 - The Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

Dec. 09 - Henry Fonda Theatre / The Music Box - Los Angeles, CA

Dec. 10 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ

Dec. 11 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM

Dec. 12 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO

Dec. 14 - Trees - Dallas, TX

Dec. 15 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX

Dec. 17 - The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC

Dec. 18 - The State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL (Florida Power Fest)

Dec. 19 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA

Dec. 21 - Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh, NC

Dec. 22 - Jaxx - W. Springfield, VA
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by jawn galliano »

haven't seen these fellas since '02, i may well have to check this out. they put on a pretty spectacular show when i saw them back then, hopefully they've still got it :idea:
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by Mr. P »

^Did you check out their latest?
:xx:
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by Syysysyd »

never seen them. may go to this.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]^Did you check out their latest?[/quote]



shit, i keep forgetting to do that. i'm gonna download it as soon as i'm done posting this!
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: BLIND GUARDIAN Announces North American Headlining Tour

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I am not a fan but I appreciate a lot the vocalist, and I like this song:



[youtube]7s4GVNt-bgo[/youtube]
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Post Reply