Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand

Post by droidspawn »

:clap:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand

Post by rhino »

i have it pre-orded, but of couse i couldnt hold out on not downloading it. i think its the best crowbar since odd fellows as a whole, production is killer and tommy buckley does a hell of a job on the drums, the drums are just as much a strong point as much as kirks riffs. favorite tracks so far would be the cemetary angels, cleane me-heal me, and symbiosis. you?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand

Post by droidspawn »

I disagree about it being the best since Odd Fellows. It's a very good album but not my favorite Crowbar. It's missing something I think. That catchy, emotional heaviness of tracks like Planets Collide, Lasting Dose and Thru the Ashes. My favs so far would be Let Me Mourn, I Only Deal in Truth and Cleanse Me, Heal Me.



I had plans on picking it up at best buy on release day but its not even listed on their site at all :huh: I'll have to check some records stores here or order from relapse I guess.



Still a damn good record. 3.5/5
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand

Post by rhino »

liquid sky and cold black earth!
Post Reply