CARRIONSHINE

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

CARRIONSHINE

Post by zim »

:ra: :bang: :ra: :bang: :ra: :bang: :ra:

[youtube]RiAV6_YZQl8[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by shadowalk »

OWN :idea:
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Mesarthim »

we might be in the minority. but i think OWN owns! :bang:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by shadowalk »

Glad to see I'm not alone on this. :god:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by zim »

[quote name="shadowalk"]Glad to see I'm not alone on this. :god:[/quote]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Hugo. »

Carrionshine is fucking killer.



The gravity blasts on OWN are ridiculous.
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by zim »

thanks for making me check this thread again, jeez! now i have to listen to it :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :ra:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Meat Engine »

The music is enjoyable. I would like a better vocalist. His basic growl is just so mundane.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Hugo. »

Jason mendonca and vitriol would be awesome cndiddates for OWN as would chalky.
Image
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Meat Engine »

I have come to like the DiSalvo years. I tend to be lonely in this. I just wrote them off at first hearing, but came to appreciate ATYB. It's probably my favorite. I would like to hear him with the Once Was Not material. I find the album a difficult listen because of Lord Worm.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Hugo. »

I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]



I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.



Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.



NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]

NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]



I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.



Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.[/quote]

I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Mesarthim »

the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Lumbergh"]the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.[/quote]



I saw them around the same time. I think that live, you expect a much rougher product.



[quote name="desolation"]

I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.[/quote]



I think you misunderstood me. What i understood was that you didnt like whispering or ATYB because of Disalvo's vocals.



I was saying that i liked those and NSV (pretty much) equally because of the songwriting/musicianship.



I think theres a nice progression among the three.
Image
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Meat Engine »

[youtube]0ID8RGBs18g[/youtube]



[youtube]KGKELbUGbcY[/youtube]



:thingy:
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Ninny »

I like both Cryptopsy versions :idea: Lord Worm has a little more character. ATYB has some sweet songs, I never found the time to listen to Whisper Supremacy somehow but this will happen eventually. Now that they have that pig faced boy in their band you can only appreciate the good run they´ve had :idea:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by zim »

he does have a pig face :lol:
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zimberly"]he does have a pig face :lol:[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Sonny
Mature Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 02:29

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Sonny »

I remember the first listen to this in the context of the album after hearing the demo version as the only track from the new Cryptopsy. Fuck me, that first listen to Carrionshine on the album is something I'll never forget. I nearly fucking died.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: CARRIONSHINE

Post by Anjel »

I'm pretty sure Worm was limited on OWN. He only did it for the money and I think Flo and the other guys that where in at the moment didn't want him to do the NSV vocals, while Worm wanted to.
Post Reply