[youtube]RiAV6_YZQl8[/youtube]
CARRIONSHINE
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
CARRIONSHINE
[youtube]RiAV6_YZQl8[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: CARRIONSHINE
OWN 
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: CARRIONSHINE
we might be in the minority. but i think OWN owns! 
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: CARRIONSHINE
Glad to see I'm not alone on this. 
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="shadowalk"]Glad to see I'm not alone on this.
[/quote]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: CARRIONSHINE
thanks for making me check this thread again, jeez! now i have to listen to it

the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: CARRIONSHINE
The music is enjoyable. I would like a better vocalist. His basic growl is just so mundane.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: CARRIONSHINE
I have come to like the DiSalvo years. I tend to be lonely in this. I just wrote them off at first hearing, but came to appreciate ATYB. It's probably my favorite. I would like to hear him with the Once Was Not material. I find the album a difficult listen because of Lord Worm.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: CARRIONSHINE
I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.

- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]
I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.
Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]
I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.
Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.

- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]
I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.
Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.[/quote]
I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.
[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]I'd take disalvo over worm any day.
NSV was great, but whats the point if he could/can never repeat that style.[/quote]
NSV makes everything else unlistenable for me. I just listen to that one. I was disappointed that he was not of the same caliber for OWN.[/quote]
I notice similar opinions around. This whole idea of albums being 'ruined' by vocal performances. How you could not enjoy every second of faceless unknown i will not understand. Lord worms NSV performance is bottom of the pile of things that 'make' the album for me. I rate levasseur and mounier's performance way ahead. And they continue to do their thing at a relatively similar standard for the two albums which follow.
Thats me lot and i'm shtickin to it.[/quote]
I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: CARRIONSHINE
the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="Lumbergh"]the weird thing is, when I saw them live in 2005 or whenever that was with lord worm....they sounded really good. even vocally. I don't know what happened to this album but I still enjoy OWN.[/quote]
I saw them around the same time. I think that live, you expect a much rougher product.
[quote name="desolation"]
I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.[/quote]
I think you misunderstood me. What i understood was that you didnt like whispering or ATYB because of Disalvo's vocals.
I was saying that i liked those and NSV (pretty much) equally because of the songwriting/musicianship.
I think theres a nice progression among the three.
I saw them around the same time. I think that live, you expect a much rougher product.
[quote name="desolation"]
I love every bit of NSV, not just one aspect. I never said his OWN performance ruined the album, either.[/quote]
I think you misunderstood me. What i understood was that you didnt like whispering or ATYB because of Disalvo's vocals.
I was saying that i liked those and NSV (pretty much) equally because of the songwriting/musicianship.
I think theres a nice progression among the three.

- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[youtube]0ID8RGBs18g[/youtube]
[youtube]KGKELbUGbcY[/youtube]

[youtube]KGKELbUGbcY[/youtube]
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: CARRIONSHINE
I like both Cryptopsy versions
Lord Worm has a little more character. ATYB has some sweet songs, I never found the time to listen to Whisper Supremacy somehow but this will happen eventually. Now that they have that pig faced boy in their band you can only appreciate the good run they´ve had 
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: CARRIONSHINE
he does have a pig face 
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: CARRIONSHINE
[quote name="zimberly"]he does have a pig face
[/quote]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Sonny
- Mature Neophyte
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 02:29
Re: CARRIONSHINE
I remember the first listen to this in the context of the album after hearing the demo version as the only track from the new Cryptopsy. Fuck me, that first listen to Carrionshine on the album is something I'll never forget. I nearly fucking died.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: CARRIONSHINE
I'm pretty sure Worm was limited on OWN. He only did it for the money and I think Flo and the other guys that where in at the moment didn't want him to do the NSV vocals, while Worm wanted to.