is this band still relevant

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

is this band still relevant

Post by agony bagony »

consider, then vote
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by rhino »

I just really dont care about a new tool anymore





its been since 2006, you can only be on your toes for so long
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by agony bagony »

i dont mind long waits, i just dont think the new album is going to be anything spectacular or ground-breaking. lateralus was a huge change in approach if not style (necessarily), but 10000 days was just sort of, "oh, there is a new tool record now, and it is OK but not really great."



i reckon they have sort of moved on to individual projects and desires and such but will occasionally kick out another tool record to make rock star money and see familiar faces all over the world
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by rhino »

they have one more left in them
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Last two albums sucked so I expect nothing good
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by jawn galliano »

nein :santa:
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="Nick"]Last two albums sucked so I expect nothing good[/quote]



lateralus is amazing though. you must have it confused with the vicarious single or something
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I don't have anything confused with anything
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Abzu »

It pained me to do so, but I voted irrelevant.



I'm going to go listen to Opiate now and cry. :tear:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Mesarthim »

:zzz:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by neckred »

I'd vote if I actually cared if any band or artist was relevant
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SCUNT
Ancient One
Posts: 3102
Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 07:26

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by SCUNT »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]





:santa:



Lateralus has some cool songs here and there though
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]

upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]

ImageImage
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by deckard »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]



:santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

tool before 10,000 days :xx:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Devy »

[quote name="Toozey"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]



:santa:[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]tool before lateralus :xx:[/quote]
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

uncorrect
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

It's a meh album and you know it
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

it's actually one of my favorite albums :santa:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

:oldryan:::::::::::
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]it's actually one of my favorite albums :santa:[/quote]



Me too but Nick doesn't like it so
Image
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

looking at monitors at work all these years has somehow corrupted his brain, therefore taste in good tool albums. also, enjoying snow.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Everything before lateralus is fucking :xx::::::
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

i have opiate on vinyl :xx:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Did you sell your copy of lateralus to buy it?
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

nah. I found it for $11 at a local record shop here.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]i have opiate on vinyl :xx:[/quote]

I'm going to rape you with a :pinecone: and take it.



...or I could just look for it online.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

<!-- m -->http://www.amazon.com/Opiate-Ep-Tool/dp ... 788&sr=8-1<!-- m -->



this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone :fonz:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by jawn galliano »

i never did get into lateralus. the last one had some nice tunes on it, but it did not rekindle the kind of enthusiasm that i had for this band during the undertow/aenima days
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]



this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone :fonz:[/quote]

I live in Vermont. We have tons of pine cones. :redneck:

Fuck that price is beautiful. I may get this in the next period. It is one of my favorite albums, so I really should have it on vinyl.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by droidspawn »

:santa:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

:santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Abzu »

:grimsanta:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="neckred"]I'd vote if I actually cared if any band or artist was relevant[/quote]



of course you do silly. if you think of a band and go "yeah, i used to be super into them, but no longer," then guess what? that band is no longer relevant for the ein you :gay:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Haunty »

:santa: not relevant
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: is this band still relevant

Post by Hugo. »

Maynard is really douchey. When my mate Tanya was on tour with him he told her he'd kick her off the tour if he caught her smoking.
Image
Post Reply