is this band still relevant
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: is this band still relevant
I just really dont care about a new tool anymore
its been since 2006, you can only be on your toes for so long
its been since 2006, you can only be on your toes for so long
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: is this band still relevant
i dont mind long waits, i just dont think the new album is going to be anything spectacular or ground-breaking. lateralus was a huge change in approach if not style (necessarily), but 10000 days was just sort of, "oh, there is a new tool record now, and it is OK but not really great."
i reckon they have sort of moved on to individual projects and desires and such but will occasionally kick out another tool record to make rock star money and see familiar faces all over the world
i reckon they have sort of moved on to individual projects and desires and such but will occasionally kick out another tool record to make rock star money and see familiar faces all over the world
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: is this band still relevant
they have one more left in them
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
Last two albums sucked so I expect nothing good
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="Nick"]Last two albums sucked so I expect nothing good[/quote]
lateralus is amazing though. you must have it confused with the vicarious single or something
lateralus is amazing though. you must have it confused with the vicarious single or something
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
I don't have anything confused with anything
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: is this band still relevant
It pained me to do so, but I voted irrelevant.
I'm going to go listen to Opiate now and cry.
I'm going to go listen to Opiate now and cry.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
- SCUNT
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3102
- Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 07:26
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]

Lateralus has some cool songs here and there though
Lateralus has some cool songs here and there though
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
tool before 10,000 days 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="Toozey"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]tool are one of those bands i just couldn't really get into[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="only pieces remain"]tool before lateralus
[/quote]
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
It's a meh album and you know it
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
it's actually one of my favorite albums 
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="only pieces remain"]it's actually one of my favorite albums
[/quote]
Me too but Nick doesn't like it so
Me too but Nick doesn't like it so

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
looking at monitors at work all these years has somehow corrupted his brain, therefore taste in good tool albums. also, enjoying snow.
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
Everything before lateralus is fucking
:::::
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
i have opiate on vinyl 
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: is this band still relevant
Did you sell your copy of lateralus to buy it?
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
nah. I found it for $11 at a local record shop here.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="only pieces remain"]i have opiate on vinyl
[/quote]
I'm going to rape you with a :pinecone: and take it.
...or I could just look for it online.
I'm going to rape you with a :pinecone: and take it.
...or I could just look for it online.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: is this band still relevant
<!-- m -->http://www.amazon.com/Opiate-Ep-Tool/dp ... 788&sr=8-1<!-- m -->
this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone
this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: is this band still relevant
i never did get into lateralus. the last one had some nice tunes on it, but it did not rekindle the kind of enthusiasm that i had for this band during the undertow/aenima days
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone
[/quote]
I live in Vermont. We have tons of pine cones.
Fuck that price is beautiful. I may get this in the next period. It is one of my favorite albums, so I really should have it on vinyl.
this would save you a considerable amount of blings in airfare/gas money and save you time picking a pinecone
I live in Vermont. We have tons of pine cones.
Fuck that price is beautiful. I may get this in the next period. It is one of my favorite albums, so I really should have it on vinyl.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: is this band still relevant
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: is this band still relevant
[quote name="neckred"]I'd vote if I actually cared if any band or artist was relevant[/quote]
of course you do silly. if you think of a band and go "yeah, i used to be super into them, but no longer," then guess what? that band is no longer relevant for the ein you
of course you do silly. if you think of a band and go "yeah, i used to be super into them, but no longer," then guess what? that band is no longer relevant for the ein you
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: is this band still relevant
Maynard is really douchey. When my mate Tanya was on tour with him he told her he'd kick her off the tour if he caught her smoking.





