Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
Hey y'all, I'm looking for a pocketcamera which can film gigs so can handle heavy lights, with an external microphone for good sound and optic zoom.
The smaller it is, the better (for smuggling it inside venues)
Can anybody recommend me one?
The smaller it is, the better (for smuggling it inside venues)
Can anybody recommend me one?
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
not sure how but i definitely read "pocketpussy" into that subject line so it will take me some time to recalibrate and give you a straight answer
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
I have this one and it is great only problem is when in 1080 HD mode you cannot zoom or pan out. But the other modes you can.
The HD portion records at 1 MB for each second.
I used at the Sepultura gig at Masquerade in Atlanta this year and it did really well.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149147


The HD portion records at 1 MB for each second.
I used at the Sepultura gig at Masquerade in Atlanta this year and it did really well.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149147

Fuck 'em
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
Looks nice! So it has optical (not just digital) zoom in the other videomodes and the sound recording is good?
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.
Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.
It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.
I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.
I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.
Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.
It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.
I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.
I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.
Fuck 'em
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.
<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->
Is the quality comparable to this:?
[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube]
<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->
Is the quality comparable to this:?
[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube]
- Conservative_Heretic
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
- Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
- Contact:
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
Excellent!
this is the best quality footage I've ever seen!
BTW I also read about these brands mentioned for metal concert filming:
Canon Vixia HF10
Pansonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
Panasonic HDC-SD9
BTW I also read about these brands mentioned for metal concert filming:
Canon Vixia HF10
Pansonic Lumix DMC-ZS3
Panasonic HDC-SD9
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.
Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.
It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.
I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.
I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.[/quote]
I like this camera a lot, thanks, but do you also happen to have 'an unstable soundpitch' sometimes in the audio recording?
Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.
It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.
I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.
I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.[/quote]
I like this camera a lot, thanks, but do you also happen to have 'an unstable soundpitch' sometimes in the audio recording?
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?
[quote name="Mutilator"]Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.
<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->
Is the quality comparable to this:?
[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube][/quote]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yes, exactly
[/quote]
What did I do wrong? The sound changes like a sped up cassette tape
[youtube]HJZT_H0bBCc[/youtube]
<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->
Is the quality comparable to this:?
[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube][/quote]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yes, exactly
What did I do wrong? The sound changes like a sped up cassette tape
[youtube]HJZT_H0bBCc[/youtube]