Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a pocketcamera which can film gigs so can handle heavy lights, with an external microphone for good sound and optic zoom.

The smaller it is, the better (for smuggling it inside venues)



Can anybody recommend me one?
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by agony bagony »

not sure how but i definitely read "pocketpussy" into that subject line so it will take me some time to recalibrate and give you a straight answer
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

I have this one and it is great only problem is when in 1080 HD mode you cannot zoom or pan out. But the other modes you can.

The HD portion records at 1 MB for each second.

I used at the Sepultura gig at Masquerade in Atlanta this year and it did really well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149147

Image

Image
Fuck 'em
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

Looks nice! So it has optical (not just digital) zoom in the other videomodes and the sound recording is good?
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.

Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.

It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.

I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.

I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.
Fuck 'em
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.



<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->



Is the quality comparable to this:?

[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube]
User avatar
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Posts: 1355
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:09
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them
Contact:

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Yes, exactly :bang:
Fuck 'em
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

Excellent! :xx: this is the best quality footage I've ever seen!



BTW I also read about these brands mentioned for metal concert filming:



Canon Vixia HF10

Pansonic Lumix DMC-ZS3

Panasonic HDC-SD9
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.

Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.

It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.

I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.

I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.[/quote]



I like this camera a lot, thanks, but do you also happen to have 'an unstable soundpitch' sometimes in the audio recording?
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.



<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->



Is the quality comparable to this:?

[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube][/quote]



[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yes, exactly :bang:[/quote]



What did I do wrong? The sound changes like a sped up cassette tape :homework: :tear:



[youtube]HJZT_H0bBCc[/youtube]
Post Reply