metal sucks

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

metal sucks

Post by neckred »

not really, I love metal



just the whole image and whatever is bullshit, it's the stuff that the shitty bands prey on and it's what makes them successful



the set "genres" is the biggest problem with metal and music today, invites lack of innovation and progress by staying within a certain niche



this is partly why most of the most exciting bands/artists in each respective genre came early in that genre's existence



there is more, but I sard typing
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: metal sucks

Post by jawn galliano »

i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: metal sucks

Post by shadowalk »

I don't really care for genres myself, to be honest. It just so happens that most of the music that I like are of the metal variety. I'll listen to it as long as I like what I hear. I'll leave the technical stuff to the anus.com/metal-archives folk as they seem to be much more interested in that aspect.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: metal sucks

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time[/quote]

That makes 3 of us.
User avatar
Jackson
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04

Re: metal sucks

Post by Jackson »

I agree with Sabrina The Teenage Cocksucker!



:xx:
Image
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: metal sucks

Post by neckred »

the best way is to just be yourself



in regards to metalhead "image", nonconformity just for the sake of it, is actually conformity
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: metal sucks

Post by shadowalk »

:idea:
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: metal sucks

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

Mark, your sig makes me always want to masturbate.
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Post Reply