not really, I love metal
just the whole image and whatever is bullshit, it's the stuff that the shitty bands prey on and it's what makes them successful
the set "genres" is the biggest problem with metal and music today, invites lack of innovation and progress by staying within a certain niche
this is partly why most of the most exciting bands/artists in each respective genre came early in that genre's existence
there is more, but I sard typing
metal sucks
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: metal sucks
i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: metal sucks
I don't really care for genres myself, to be honest. It just so happens that most of the music that I like are of the metal variety. I'll listen to it as long as I like what I hear. I'll leave the technical stuff to the anus.com/metal-archives folk as they seem to be much more interested in that aspect.
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: metal sucks
[quote name="Derek Waters"]i think we agree fundamentally. but i have a difficult time expressing my thoughts on the subject in a way that doesn't come off as being incredibly snobby/condescending, so i'll save that for another time[/quote]
That makes 3 of us.
That makes 3 of us.
- Jackson
- Member
- Posts: 345
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04
- neckred
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3659
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
- Location: King George
Re: metal sucks
the best way is to just be yourself
in regards to metalhead "image", nonconformity just for the sake of it, is actually conformity
in regards to metalhead "image", nonconformity just for the sake of it, is actually conformity




- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: metal sucks
Mark, your sig makes me always want to masturbate.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
