[youtube]jm3LEmFFj2g[/youtube]
I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
I just found out about him a few hours ago. So far so good, although I can't imagine listening to this kind of music for long periods of time, or even frequently. Also until I saw a photo I assumed he was black
[youtube]jm3LEmFFj2g[/youtube]
[youtube]jm3LEmFFj2g[/youtube]

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
mule variations, bone machine and swordfishtrombones are some of the favorite albums of all time. Welcome to the win that is Tom Waits
[youtube]1wfamPW3Eaw[/youtube]
[youtube]49tTzEifY6M[/youtube]
[youtube]yod51lr3F0U[/youtube]
[youtube]1wfamPW3Eaw[/youtube]
[youtube]49tTzEifY6M[/youtube]
[youtube]yod51lr3F0U[/youtube]
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for this hard-on bearer next time I hit up the record store.

- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
Oh and I also love that he attached strings to a dumpster to create an instrument (according to a Letterman interview). 

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
he has 20+ albums but the most important to pick are:
Small Change
Nighthawks at the Diner
Swordfishtrombones (where the change started)
Rain Dogs
Bone Machne
Mule Variations (my personal favorite)
Bad as Me (just came out last year)
Small Change
Nighthawks at the Diner
Swordfishtrombones (where the change started)
Rain Dogs
Bone Machne
Mule Variations (my personal favorite)
Bad as Me (just came out last year)
- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
I'm listening to the older stuff now. Very nice.
I wonder if Mark Wahlberg has ever been offered to play this hard-on bearer on screen?
I wonder if Mark Wahlberg has ever been offered to play this hard-on bearer on screen?

- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
[quote name="Holocaust"]His acting roles are badass
Dracula
Wristcutters
[/quote]
Dracula
Wristcutters
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
If you're into Primus, you should be aware he does lots with thems
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
This is like zim never having eaten ham.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
also get rain dogs. and orphans has lots of good tunage on it as well 
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
tom waits
the wire
it is a glorious combination.
the wire
it is a glorious combination.
- Boss Primigenius
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1668
- Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 04:15
Re: I Can't believe I had never heard of Tom Waits
[quote name="Derek Waters?"]also get rain dogs[/quote]
Another one I don't have on my phone for the drive home
Another one I don't have on my phone for the drive home
