Page 1 of 1
the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 05:34
by droidspawn
[youtube]KUvIG7RTE-I[/youtube]
[youtube]PRZKoGMBwyY[/youtube]
god damn right

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 05:45
by rhino
great band. i hope they do another full length someday. same with sixty watt shaman, the drummers other band
[youtube]HUt2OkmlbGU[/youtube]

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 05:49
by droidspawn
eye know of sixty watt. I haven't listened to a full album though. Perhaps I'll download it and put it in my 2025 folder

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 05:57
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I dig me some both bands

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 06:06
by rhino
fucking download reason to live and listen NOW

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 06:29
by droidspawn
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 09:00
by Mesarthim
I dismember these guys. long time since i gave them a listen.
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 09:27
by droidspawn
Do it! even tardcat likes the mighty nimbus.
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:06
by agony bagony
[quote name="Junkyard God"]eye know of sixty watt. I haven't listened to a full album though. Perhaps I'll download it and put it in my 2025 folder

[/quote]
that is a distant folder o_0
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:12
by droidspawn
that's probably when the new tool will be released
do you prefer aenima or lateralus dusty?
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:20
by agony bagony
hmm. not so long ago it would have been lateralus by miles. i think currently it is lateralus by a couple of nose hairs because it is a more cohesive actual album. aenima has (arguably) better songs on it but it's too much start. stop. start. stop. start. &c. lateralus really flows from track to track and the "filler" tracks feel more like a part of a symphony whereas on aenema it's just the above problem. too many pieces and not enough puzzle
pushit is

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: x million though. and a couple others are not too far behind it
Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:38
by droidspawn
I concur. I love aenima but the flow is too jagged and those intermittent pieces are frustrating.
Lateralus on the other hand, is probably my favorite album, period. I've been pondering this for years, and can't think of anything else that still makes me feel as giddy as lateralus when I listen to it

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:41
by agony bagony
i had that period too

dont hit nearly the same peaks now as in the days of yore; it's more like an intellectual appreciation. as in, "that is a fucking great riff" more than "this riff will move me now." but it is without question my favorite tool. there is a wonderful thickness to it.
feel free to add your own dick joke to that last part there

Re: the mighty nimbus
Posted: 12 May 2011, 10:46
by droidspawn
[youtube]ghziKDBAHNA[/youtube]
pause!