Page 1 of 1

new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 21:59
by rhino
[youtube]4NMm2umAVRk[/youtube]

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 22:22
by droidspawn
That was my first amorphis song as I never got around to checking them out. I will now.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 22:47
by Mesarthim
you've seriously never listened to these guys before?!?! :shock:

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 22:54
by droidspawn
no sir I have not.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 23:22
by rhino
wow, they have many win albums i dont know where to begin. my favorites are tales from the 1000 lakes, elegy, and eclipse





[youtube]FxG5pjI8wLk[/youtube]

[youtube]QU2ovtmL7Zk[/youtube]

[youtube]zlHVCivbcwU[/youtube]

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 22 May 2011, 23:26
by Mesarthim
[quote name="rhino"]wow, they have many win albums i dont know where to begin. my favorites are tales from the 1000 lakes, elegy, and eclipse



[/quote]





these are my favorite albums as well. 1000 lakes and elegy being old school classics and eclipse being a modern classic and return to form.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 01:33
by ^_____________^
[youtube]zTfhqrUlYDE[/youtube]



:tear:

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 03:31
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Junkyard God"]no sir I have not.[/quote]



jesus. get karelian isthmus, tales from the thousand lakes, and elegy. IMMEDIATELY.



the newer stuff is closer to the rock/heavy metal end of the spectrum, and it's certainly enjoyable, but it falls way short of those examples which are absolute classics.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 03:35
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I enjoy me some silent waters too

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 10:39
by Mesarthim
[quote name="themicrulah"]Drowned MAid[/youtube]



:tear:[/quote]





don't cry. once they kicked pasi out of the band the got a ton better. the newer albums are good. if you're u[set because they don't sound like karelian or tales you have to understand that that was quite a few years ago and they have not only improved their production but their sound overall.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 11:00
by jawn galliano
big improvement over far from the sun or whatever his last album was called, absolutely. that disc was just atrociously bad. everything before that though, i prefer to the post-pasi stuff.

Re: new amorphis song

Posted: 23 May 2011, 11:02
by ^_____________^
I don't know, Tales was one of the first few metal albums I absolutely fell in love with along the likes of The Jester Race and Slaughter of the Soul. When I hear their new albums I think back to how Tales sounds and I just cry.



It's not necessarily I think it sucks in this case, it's just that that album resonated so much to me when I first heard it and it still does. The whole gloryhole era Scandinavian death metal style [both melodic and more fruital like Entombed and Grave] is my absolute favorite, it's what got me into metal and it's still my favorite today.



I JUST LOVE THAT FUCKING SOUND! The ability of the bands to play breakneck speed then rip into those huge slow melodic breaks is so awesome. Entombed's Left Hand Path totally defines everything I love about that sound. They interwove the theme from Phantasm perfectly into that song. I could go on for hours. :sicken: