Page 1 of 1

Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo

Posted: 23 May 2011, 11:55
by Drum Solo
[youtube]-IJi7aQaySU[/youtube]



I haven't heard the new vocalist yet, but Phil's vocals are great for their older stuff.

Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo

Posted: 23 May 2011, 13:29
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
I have an audience bootleg of this show, it was actually at one of the casinos in ac (~15 mins from me). Pretty sure they did two takes of everything phil sang on cos he was suckin ass the first takes

Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo

Posted: 23 May 2011, 16:21
by rhino
i think this was a weak performance from phil, but this was in 2006 (i think?), and he hasnt really sang in a few years since dimes death. this was his first time on stage since then i believe too. he has since became a way better vocalist and sings alot better these days

Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo

Posted: 23 May 2011, 16:22
by Drum Solo
I believe that. He almost sounds like he's singing with a mouth full of peanut butter in the op video. But his voice does a lot of what it ought to for an awesome cover, at least in the example I provided.

Re: Alice in Chains sounded really good with Phil Anselmo

Posted: 24 May 2011, 13:31
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
[quote name="rhino"]i think this was a weak performance from phil, but this was in 2006 (i think?), and he hasnt really sang in a few years since dimes death. this was his first time on stage since then i believe too. he has since became a way better vocalist and sings alot better these days[/quote]



yeah, march of 06. it was at the tropicana iirc, I didn't get tickets in time for it.