Page 1 of 1

7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 01:39
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
List the bands here. I need recomendations, the bands i'm familiar with that uses it: Morbid Angel, Angelcorpse, Mithras, Behemoth, Spawn of Possession and the latest Nile-record.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 02:15
by Anjel
The latest Nile record did not have 7-string guitars. The next one probably will though.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 02:22
by shadowalk
[youtube]SmwxFzO56fs[/youtube]

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:09
by RitesOfPossession
I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:15
by zim
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:28
by TamPron
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers[/quote]

They have, tuned to drop A. I'm not aware of any instance that they've used a seven string.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:36
by Uni777
Karl has a 7 string KxK. It is on his page on the KxK site. The last two pics are his 7str.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:46
by TamPron
I stand corrected.



But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:52
by shadowalk
I forgot to mention Decapitated. :oldryan:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:56
by Uni777
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]I stand corrected.



But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.[/quote]

Perhaps on the new material.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 17:45
by Jackson
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



Yea,Jack played Universe on The Wretched Spawn album.



[youtube]EhYI7VmaSgo[/youtube]



[youtube]nREj3yo_BNA[/youtube]





Also:



Image



Image







:xx:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:15
by Mutilator
Early Meshuggah.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:21
by Jackson
Karl's 7string:



<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153915<!-- m -->



Third video :xx:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:26
by Hugo.
Karl has a KxK 7 string and a new Dean 7 string signature.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:28
by Hugo.
He hasnt recorded with either. Yet.



He all of a sudden realised that a seven string could offer all the benefits of his dropA/DropD double neck KxK :homework:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 20:40
by Mr. P
Hypocrisy.

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 21:08
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Posted: 25 May 2011, 21:10
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="Nick"]Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string[/quote]



They do, quite alot actually.