Page 1 of 1

nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 06:49
by rhino
the two most rockin songs on formulas..





[youtube]Uj0--G7LSNU[/youtube]



:bang:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 07:28
by ^_____________^
Invocation.

:bang:

I'm listening to it right now, as a matter of fact. :idea:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 07:42
by shadowalk
Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 07:50
by Mesarthim
invocation of the continual one by a fucking mile.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 08:33
by rhino
[quote name="shadowalk"]Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.[/quote]





i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 08:35
by Abzu
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]Nothing Is Not.



Oh and Bill Ur-Sag and Chambers Of Dis are the two best songs on said record.[/quote]





i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe[/quote]

Until I read this post, the question was hurting my brain severely.



Invocation by a long shot. Nothing Is Not has kind of a rock groove, but Invocation really just rocks out above all else.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 13:11
by zim
Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 15:19
by Hugo.
Before i joined the MABB, I thought i was being alternative by like Invocation of the Continual one :redneck:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:28
by Abzu
[quote name="zim"]Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.[/quote]

[quote name="rhino"]i'm not saying the two best songs on the album (my personal favorite though) but the two songs that have that rock vibe[/quote]

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 18:43
by Anjel
[quote name="zim"]Nothing Is Not



I've been avoiding saying this but Invocation is not one of my favorite MA songs. It's really not all that special to me. It's a good song but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 songs.



Now on the other hand, Nothing is Not is a fucking skull-crushing song. The vocals are huge, awesome lyrics, great riffs, and fucking sick drumming. And that last part? Fucking jizz everytime.[/quote]



This.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 20:48
by vega
invocation :santa:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 21:26
by RitesOfPossession
:bang: Nothing Is Not :bang:

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 21:50
by Uni777
I think NiN is more sludgy than Rocky. So in that respect Invocation.



Off topic, i do agree with Zim. I'm not that fond of IotCO.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 22:05
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 25 May 2011, 22:30
by Abzu
[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 26 May 2011, 02:21
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.[/quote]



Yes it's crazy! First time I heard it I was like "Ambient? Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion? :huh:" but then after a while "Ambient :xx: Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion :xx:"

Re: nothing is not vs invocation of the continual one

Posted: 26 May 2011, 06:14
by Abzu
[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="pulsar"]
[quote name="Maze"]Both songs win. What these songs do have in common is that you never know when the song will end. I remember when I heard Nothing is Not for the first time "Wow, the awesome riffs never stop!"[/quote]

Covenant of Death is like that. That half-the-song "outro" is one of my favorite Morbid Angel moments.[/quote]



Yes it's crazy! First time I heard it I was like "Ambient? Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion? :huh:" but then after a while "Ambient :xx: Morbid Angel playing minor chords with no distortion :xx:"[/quote]

:idea: