Page 1 of 1

favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 21:43
by droidspawn
maynard (tool)

gavin (dredg)

morrisey (the smiths)

dax (acid bath)

jr hayes (pig destroyer)

thom (radiohead)

tom waits

ben (soilent green)

Tucker

Neil (clutch)

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:09
by agony bagony
evil d

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:16
by droidspawn
\X/

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:19
by agony bagony
we should have a fat :grimb: and call it :grimd:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:27
by jawn galliano
seconded

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:27
by Ninny
[quote name="while blackness hums"]

morrissey (the smiths)

[/quote]

:idea:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:27
by agony bagony
*shines the luke signal*

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:28
by droidspawn
ninny fucking knows.

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:28
by Tea
Lord Worm

Steve Tucker

Johnny Morrow

Ihsahn

Phil Anselmo :oldryan: :oldryan: :oldryan: :oldryan: :oldryan: (mainly his later stuff, like TGSK)

Whoever writes the lyrics for Digable Planets, even though I assume all 3 of them write lyrics

Neamthanga

Quorthon

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 22:34
by Anjel
Vincent during the A-C eras.

Lord Worm.

Glen Benton on the first 3 Deicide (big whoop).

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 23:22
by Hallucinating dead
Trey, Tucker, Vincent

Jus Oborn(electric wizard)

also nuclear assault and saint vitus, i dont know the lyricists.

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 23:23
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Image

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 23:28
by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Aaron Weis - mewithoutYou

J.R. Hayes - Pig Destroyer

Daryl Palumbo - Glassjaw

Geert Van Der Velde - ex Shai Halud

Jake Bannon - Converge

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 23:49
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Nick"]Image[/quote]



is that seth putnam

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 00:05
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
:santa:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 00:11
by jawn galliano
excellent choice :xx:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 00:40
by Anjel
Haha, Anal Cunt have the funniest lyrics ever.

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 00:48
by Mesarthim
[youtube]i7H5FiB7_W0[/youtube]

I was at this show :xx:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:04
by vO)))id
mikko aspa/dso

jerry cantrell

layne staley

paul kuhr (novembers doom)

steve tucker

ihsahn

mikael åkerfeldt



and how can anyone forget:

peter steele

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:10
by droidspawn
[quote name="Void"]jeremy cantrell[/quote]



so jerry has a brother in the business?



:pepper:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:12
by vO)))id
D'OH!

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:13
by jawn galliano
[quote name="Anjel"]Haha, Anal Cunt have the funniest lyrics ever.[/quote]



correct!



YOUR DAD TOOK OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE TO BUY YOU A HORSE

YOU LOVED IT, AND TOOK BETTER CARE FOR IT THAN YOURSELF

YOU COMMAND IT, CLEANED IT, AND FED IT APPLES EVERY DAY

I WAS BROKE, DRUNK, AND HUNGRY, SO I KILLED YOUR HORSE, AND ATE IT



I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE



WHEN YOU CAME TO THE STABLE NEXT MORNING

YOU FOUND A PILE OF HAIR, TEETH, AND HOOVES

I HID AROUND THE BACK, TO LISTEN TO YOU CRY

THEN I BEAT AN OLD LADY TO DEATH WHIT THE LEG BONE



I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:18
by droidspawn
[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Anjel"]Haha, Anal Cunt have the funniest lyrics ever.[/quote]



correct!



YOUR DAD TOOK OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE TO BUY YOU A HORSE

YOU LOVED IT, AND TOOK BETTER CARE FOR IT THAN YOURSELF

YOU COMMAND IT, CLEANED IT, AND FED IT APPLES EVERY DAY

I WAS BROKE, DRUNK, AND HUNGRY, SO I KILLED YOUR HORSE, AND ATE IT



I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE



WHEN YOU CAME TO THE STABLE NEXT MORNING

YOU FOUND A PILE OF HAIR, TEETH, AND HOOVES

I HID AROUND THE BACK, TO LISTEN TO YOU CRY

THEN I BEAT AN OLD LADY TO DEATH WHIT THE LEG BONE



I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE

I ATE YOUR HORSE[/quote]



:thingy:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:45
by agony bagony
all the ANb lyricos :idea:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:49
by jawn galliano
whats a good album of theirs



i only have poacher diaries but it's mighty fun

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:50
by droidspawn
frozen corpse stuffed with dope.

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:51
by agony bagony
frozen corpse and altered states of america. altered states is the dopethrone of grind :idea:

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 01:58
by zim
HITLER WAS A SENSITIVE MAN

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 02:14
by jawn galliano
[quote name="100k ass-to-ass"]frozen corpse and altered states of america. altered states is the dopethrone of grind :idea:[/quote]



listening to altered states right now, good stuff :idea:



frozen corpse is next!

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 03:37
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
tucker

nemtheanga

keenan

cantrell

waters

akerfeldt

steele

dio

butler/iommi

chris black (dawnbringer, nachtmystium)

lemmy

arioch

aspa/hasjari

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 03:47
by rhino
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 03:49
by ANGEL OF DESEASE
mmmm. . . .



Dani Filth is a bad singer but he write amazing lyrics imo.



about rock in general I say Jim Morrison of course.

Re: favorite lyricists?

Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 03:59
by ^_____________^
Fenriz and Nocturno Culto :idea: