Page 1 of 2

Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:18
by Tea
> Morbid Angel



:santa:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:20
by droidspawn
WRONG FUCKING FORUM!!!11

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:21
by droidspawn
also, fucking incorrect

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:23
by Tea
banned

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:25
by droidspawn
saying darkthrone > ma is indeed a bannable offense :judge:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:28
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I'm ok with it

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:10
by ^_____________^
This thread is correct. Darkthrone the second greatest band of all time and MA are the third greatest. :judge:



[youtube]Ptlv1yFvjK8[/youtube]



[youtube]EXYLSlq0cG4[/youtube]



[youtube]6RGUREkz8TA[/youtube]



[youtube]Gx3LtHBasD0[/youtube]



[youtube]nLHo3_YLe4Y[/youtube]



[youtube]1cLablcs87A[/youtube]



[youtube]ZE9xrgPDzSs[/youtube]



[youtube]kkPyrtqxgF4[/youtube]



I fucking love this band. They revitalized my interest in metal tenfold.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:41
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
So who do you have sitting at #1?

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:48
by jawn galliano
pantera obviously

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 08:13
by ^_____________^
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]pantera obviously[/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 14:53
by Tea
Darkthrone > Pantera

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 20:34
by rhino
[youtube]pZWy6W7dmD4[/youtube]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 20:37
by RitesOfPossession
Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 20:42
by vO)))id
darkthrone is still :xx:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 20:55
by rhino
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 21:21
by Abzu
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]pantera obviously[/quote]

I was going to say Audioslave :redneck:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 21:27
by RitesOfPossession
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

Yeah I quite like a lot of the post-black metal bands like Nachtmystium, new-Enslaved, Tombs etc. I also like Ludicra.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 21:39
by Victor Frankenstein
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]



Try the french bands. They're insane. Something like Clandestine Blaze, Vorkreist, Antaeus, Aosoth, Arkhon Infaustus, DSO Norway never produced.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 21:59
by ^_____________^
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

:shake:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 22:00
by Tea
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

:shake:[/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 22:25
by Abzu
Nachtmystium :xx:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 22:25
by rhino
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 01:01
by ^_____________^
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 01:12
by vO)))id
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote][/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 02:40
by Abzu
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:[/quote]

Guess I'll just go listen to some amazing Audioslave instead :redneck:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 03:34
by vO)))id
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 04:46
by Tea
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:[/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 05:07
by Abzu
You're just closed minded and not a true fan of real music :lol: FACT

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 05:09
by rhino
^_____________^ just seems like a young true metal warrior now, and i mean no offense by that, when he gets older i think he will learn to be more open minded about music in general. also, i dont even fucking know who he, or tea used to be before

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 05:22
by Tea
I'm takng the piss, I'm a Nachtmystium fan and I listen to a lot of post-black metal bands :santa:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 05:32
by jawn galliano
^__________^ = themicrulah



tea! = flittermice, yes?

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 05:38
by Tea
Ayeee

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:03
by ^_____________^
I'm not a true metal warrior, I just don't like loads of black metal that comes out after the era of the gloryhole. There are too many bands that sound like that and not enough bands that sound like Hellhammer and Bulldozer.



Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea:



I like a lot of untrve stuff like melodic death metal and the new Children of Bodom records. It's okay to not like new black metal. :ryan:



I also like Marilyn Manson. I like Black Flag, Discharge, Sex Pistols, the new Immortal records over the old ones, very much untrve stuff. I'm sorry if I give off that vibe but I'm choosey with my black metal :santa:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:08
by Abzu
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea: [/quote]

You have heard Nachtmystium... right?

I mean, stuff after their first two releases.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:10
by ^_____________^
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea: [/quote]

You have heard Nachtmystium... right?

I mean, stuff after their first two releases.[/quote]

You mean this?



[youtube]odPToK35mNE[/youtube]



That sounds pretty mediocre to me.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:10
by Hugo.
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]^__________^ = themicrulah



tea! = flittermice, yes?[/quote]



Welcome to this week :redneck:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:14
by rhino
[youtube]zWLMGdgXdkY[/youtube]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:15
by ^_____________^
There are a lot of bands that sound exactly like that. I'd rather listen to Dissection.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:16
by rhino
dissection are on of my favs so i cant complain with that

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:17
by Abzu
How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:17
by ^_____________^
[youtube]syJ9EwsGIaU[/youtube]



:idea:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:17
by Abzu
I have nothing bad to say about Dissection. :grimb:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:20
by rhino
[youtube]2ZC_w_5mESI[/youtube]





:llama: :pepper:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:21
by ^_____________^
[youtube]tu9u7TxmgzI[/youtube]



This song makes me fucking cry because it's so good :tear:

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:30
by Abzu
[youtube]VL7Cng693f8[/youtube]



I won't even say what this song does to me.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:34
by Abzu
[quote name=";,,;"]How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?[/quote]

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:39
by ^_____________^
That's better than any other Nacthmystium song I've ever heard :idea:



Another song that's so beautiful for me that I fucking cry is this one:



[youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube]



THAT'S my favorite band ever. :idea:



Their new album won't be as shitty as I thought either, I heard A New Dawn and I about shit myself with surprise.



Also about as unkvlt as you can get. I don't think many other bands can attract the general hatred that In Flames do :redneck:



For me it's just Iron Maiden on steroids and I fucking love it. That whole Subterranean EP is incredible.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:40
by rhino
what do you think of dark tranquillity?

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:45
by Abzu
[youtube]E1X9gQKOzEc[/youtube]

I really dig this interview.

Re: Darkthrone

Posted: 04 Jun 2011, 10:45
by ^_____________^
I love them but I have not listened in a very long time. The Gallery and Fiction are two incredibly great albums, Skydancer as well. It's kind of cool that after their first records Dark Tranquillity and In Flames switched vocalists, and with At the Gates they pioneered a new style. Those are three of my all time favorite bands and the ones that kickstarted my interest in metal.



I actually didn't hear Kreator or Iron Maiden until I heard Dark Tranquillity's covers of Bringer of Torture and 22 Acacia Avenue on a re-issue of The Gallery :redneck: which shows how dumb I am. Before that I was mainly into System of a Down, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, just basic alternative rock stuffs like that. I still enjoy SOAD and Chevelle from time to time, but Breaking Benjamin not so much. Don't really click with me anymore. :judge: