Page 1 of 1
does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:35
by rhino
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:36
by jawn galliano
nope

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:38
by droidspawn
I do. cover art made me do a double take as that's not the usual for them. but the more I looked at it (minus the heads on the tree) the more neat I think it is. Makes me think the new one will be more like damnation which I'm ok with. That is my second favorite opeth so my interest is definitely peaked.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:39
by Tea
I think that's extremely cool artwork.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:41
by rhino
its....interesting for sure
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:44
by droidspawn
emerald city in the background!? on fire no less.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:45
by Tea
Wait, I didn't notice the band member's head in the tree. That kinda ruins it. In fact I think it kinda sucks now. I CANT UNNOTICE IT.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:48
by Meat Engine
No-peth.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:55
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
cover art is an awesome parody of old prog rock covers
really have high hopes for this, I hope they just ditch the death metal parts and make an all out psyche/prog rock record. I mean, I'll take the metal parts, as long as they fit in right (ie not how watershed was, completely fucking disjointed)
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:58
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
Absolutely not
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 04:05
by agony bagony
not at the moment but at some time in the future i might care about it
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 04:49
by vO)))id
i certainly do! i loved watershed, it was a great comeback after ghost reveries.
my fave is still morningrise... that's just such a brilliant album.
this album art is very cool! don't really like the heads in the tree but it's very '70s

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:07
by Abzu
What's his name was nifty in that Ihsahn song that time.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:08
by Anjel
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]nope

[/quote]
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:08
by Hugo.
I loved watershed too. One thing that pisses me off is that they have no problem in the last ten+ years doing a completely light song, but never do a completely heavy song. Kinda gay.
Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:11
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
[quote name="Hugo"]Mark axenrot will be playing drums, whats not to like?[/quote]
Opeth in general

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:23
by vO)))id
Yeah I really hope they're going to try a new direction with this one...
not trying something totally off-Opeth, but perhaps a different approach production wise, maybe some new guitar sounds or overal different sound while still keeping the Opeth vibe. That's something I really want to see them doing this far into their career.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:12
by ^_____________^
This is by far the worst Swedish "death metal" [can't really call it that] band of all time.

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:29
by Hugo.
OH NO ITS NOT...
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:39
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I'm sure there are worse but they still rank near the bottom
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:43
by Hugo.
You would know
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 08:14
by ^_____________^
This band really is terrible. They can't decide if they want to sound like Pink Floyd or Dream Theater with a cookie monster for a vocalist.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 10:36
by Mesarthim
I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.
I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.
I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 03 Jun 2011, 10:39
by rhino
[quote name="lǝp + uɯH + lɹʇƆ"]
I used to like this band a lot but kind of grew out of them a couple of years ago. the Ghost Reveries was the last album I listened to by them.
I think I heard part of the one after that and it just sounded exactly the same and stale.
I still think their first few albums up to blackwater park are really good though I haven't listened to them in ages.[/quote]
pretty much the same here. i was into them pretty hard for a few years and own all of their stuff, up to ghost reveries anyway
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 05 Jun 2011, 23:49
by Holocaust
Orchid, Morningrise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this
Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 00:40
by Hallucinating dead
I like selective opeth tracks track, which i find very good

Re: does anybody care about the new opeth?
Posted: 11 Jun 2011, 01:08
by M.Bison
I thought it was awesome up until I noticed the headfruit, now I can't help laughing at it.
I enjoy My Arms to Damnation, couldn't get into the older stuff, never got on with Ghost Reveries, sounded stale and forced. Haven't heard anything else.