Page 1 of 1

MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 10:07
by Mesarthim
MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS - June 6, 2011



Image



U.K.'s psychedelic fruital death metal masters MITHRAS have announced the return of longtime frontman/bassist Rayner Coss.



Rayner, who left the band back in 2008, commented, "Firstly, it's good to be back!



"When I departed in 2008, Leon [Macey, guitar/drums] and I had been playing in bands together non-stop for over 12 years, and for various reasons I was finding it really difficult dedicating the necessary amount of time and attention to MITHRAS. But, during the near three years I've been away, my situation has changed to the point where I'm able to fully concentrate on the band again.



"We've gone straight to work on the new record, which Leon already had a lot of ideas down for and so far it's been the easiest writing process we've ever had, which is really promising."



Macey added, "It's great to be working with a re-energized Rayner on new material again, and the tracks we're developing for the next album are sounding incredible.



"Even though I needed a rest and had put MITHRAS practically on hiatus for the last six months, I already had a fair amount of material demoed up which I'd been working on solo. It's only taken a month to get Rayner up to speed with where I'm at with everything and it's also extra great because I don't need to record the vocals myself now, haha! So for the next record, we'll be sticking to the formula which worked great on all our others, Rayner Coss on oratory/bass and Leon Macey on guitars/drums."



The as-yet-untitled follow-up to the critically acclaimed "Behind The Shadows Lie Madness" (which was released in 2007 via Candelight Records) is due sometime in 2012.

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 10:10
by zim
I love Mithras but am upset by this news. To me his vocals were the weak point in the band and really stopped me from listening sometimes.

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 17:19
by RitesOfPossession
Really? I always thought his vocals were pretty cool. I really hope this means the're going to be releasing something fairly soon... we'll just have to wait and see.

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 17:22
by TamPron
This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 21:28
by M.Bison
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:[/quote]

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 21:30
by Abzu
[quote name="M.Bison"]
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE devy's clits"]This is good news, but I wish he would have done an album with our Beany. :eyes:[/quote][/quote]

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 23:08
by Ninny
:frown:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 07 Jun 2011, 23:42
by Devy
Didn't Beany say he was returning to hopland? If so, then I am pleased with this development. If not, :waa:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 01:41
by deckard
Yeah, he is. Leon was planning on doing the 4th album all by himself (vocals and bass included) but now things have changed with Rayner. They both seem really energized by it :xx:



What I've heard of the new stuff is really :xx::::::::::::::

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 02:09
by Devy
[quote name="Devy"]then I am pleased with this development[/quote]

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 03:58
by L Macey
Sam is going back down under very soon - when he joined I was aware he would probably do so at some point.



We did make a record together though, which took nearly 3 years, the new one from The Senseless- 'The Floating World' which is being pressed up really soon :gay:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 04:04
by Hugo.
Cool man. You both do good stuffs. :fonz:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 08:42
by Abzu
[quote name="L Macey"]Sam is going back down under very soon - when he joined I was aware he would probably do so at some point.



We did make a record together though, which took nearly 3 years, the new one from The Senseless- 'The Floating World' which is being pressed up really soon :gay:[/quote]

I'm really psyched to hear it. You two have a real tendency to create pure win.

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 17:45
by Love of Lava
mr coss back :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy: :thingy:

fuck yessss :xx: :xx: :xx:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 08 Jun 2011, 22:27
by Spirits of the Deep Waters
Looking forward for new stuff :xx:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 10 Jun 2011, 15:05
by Love of Lava
what happend to the "time never lasts" demo track ??? :krinor:

it isn't available anymore :tear:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 10 Jun 2011, 16:21
by deckard
:santa:

Re: MITHRAS Announces Return Of Frontman RAYNER COSS

Posted: 13 Jun 2011, 07:36
by darkreignofset
[quote name="Love of Lava"]what happend to the "time never lasts" demo track ??? :krinor:

it isn't available anymore :tear:[/quote]

dood, these things never last :lol: