Page 1 of 1

hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:20
by droidspawn
Do you listen to anything besides uber grim black metal and metal ass fuck metal or what?





I mean, you know, besides audioslave and tool.

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:23
by jawn galliano
new darkthrone ain't even a distant cousin to uber grim

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:31
by ^_____________^
:huh:



I do, and even if I didn't, who cares?

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:33
by droidspawn
curious is all

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:34
by droidspawn
[quote name="Derek Waters"]new darkthrone ain't even a distant cousin to uber grim[/quote]



well yeah but it's still metal :santa:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:40
by ^_____________^
I've already professed my love for stuff like Black Flag and Marilyn Manson in other threads. I also like gloryhole era metallic hardcore like Integrity and Ringworm, both of whom are from my hometown. I'm not a fan of uber grim black metal generally and only enjoy the original gloryhole era bands as I think the image perpetuated by newer bands in that style is stupid and hollow. If you want to write me off as a conservative tr00 methulz kid then go ahead, I don't give a shit. I'll like what I want to and dislike what I want to.



Also, I haven't listened to Audioslave in probably about 3 or 4 years and I don't own any of their CDs anymore.

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 08:46
by droidspawn
I didn't mean to label you as anything, meant no offense. Just the majority of what you've posted that I have seen was metal so I was curious about your musical evolution towards metal since you are younger. The more young people into actual metal, and good music in general, the better :santa:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:04
by ^_____________^
:santa:



When I was around 13 I began to get into music very heavily through Tool, and from there I went to Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Pulse Ultra, 10 Years, things like that. When I was around 15, I heard In Flames for the first time, the new In Flames. From there I went to their earlier albums and other melodic death metal bands, I could name too many of those to even fucking list here because I delve so deeply into that fucking style. Inevitably, I got into metalcore starting with the likes of Killswitch Engage but my melodic death metal interest went off also into the Stockholm sound as opposed to the Gothenbug of In Flames. I got into Grave, Entombed, Dismember, and while I was listening to things like Despised Icon and Carnifex I also kept up my interest in old-school death metal. I can remember distinctfully after finishing my exams in 10th grade listening to Altars of Madness and trying to fucking piece together that album because I did not fucking understand it. I was also into bands like Suffocation and Decapitated for a while, but I'm really not anymore. I don't like technical death metal that much at all, most of it seems hollow to me. I grew out of metalcore in about a year, and started listening to more traditional hardcore bands [but you honestly cannot call them that at all, they're just closer to the original than Emmure or The Acacia Strain] like Trapped Under Ice, Cruel Hand, Madball, Agnostic Front, Integrity, Ringworm, et cetera. When I heard Circle the Wagons last year I was fucking depressed about music and wanting a change, and that album fucking revitalized my interested in metal with such a vengeance that I can't even describe it. I re-discovered Entombed's Left Hand Path, everything from Slayer to Dissection and I felt at home again. I really, REALLY fucking dislike the modern hardcore scene and the metalcore scene with a vengeance, the focus is placed on the fucking SHOWS, and not the fucking MUSIC like how it's supposed to be. NO FUN, NO MOSH, NO CORE, NO TRENDS. :grimsanta:



But yeah, I'm not that serious, I just like my metal :santa:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:18
by droidspawn
neat read.



What do you think about the crown? Crowned in Terror was one of my first death metal albums and I still love it. So much venom (not the band) in that thing. Deathrace King is also :xx:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:24
by ^_____________^
That's one band that I haven't ever given much attention to, unfortunately, but Tompa is a great vocalist. I love Grotesque, Nightrage, and of course At the Gates. Slaughter of the Soul is a great album that helped me get through a hell of a lot of isolation in my early teenage years, and looking back I don't know what I would have done if I did not have that band.

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:29
by Meat Engine
They did awesome stuff without him. :santa:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:47
by droidspawn
[quote name="^_____________^"]That's one band that I haven't ever given much attention to, unfortunately, but Tompa is a great vocalist. I love Grotesque, Nightrage, and of course At the Gates. Slaughter of the Soul is a great album that helped me get through a hell of a lot of isolation in my early teenage years, and looking back I don't know what I would have done if I did not have that band.[/quote]





seek out the two records i mentioned asap. you'll be glad you did.

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 09:57
by ^_____________^
It shall be done :thingy:

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 11:25
by droidspawn
[youtube]tDoSYsCsvcY[/youtube]

[youtube]-RxGkntkFJ4[/youtube]

[youtube]mo7XSFuApLg[/youtube]

[youtube]7LroonrXs1Y[/youtube]

Re: hey ^______________^

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 11:27
by ^_____________^
Dead Man's Song :santa: