Page 1 of 1

Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 04:15
by Mutilator
Hey y'all, I'm looking for a pocketcamera which can film gigs so can handle heavy lights, with an external microphone for good sound and optic zoom.

The smaller it is, the better (for smuggling it inside venues)



Can anybody recommend me one?

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 04:52
by agony bagony
not sure how but i definitely read "pocketpussy" into that subject line so it will take me some time to recalibrate and give you a straight answer

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 06:02
by Conservative_Heretic
I have this one and it is great only problem is when in 1080 HD mode you cannot zoom or pan out. But the other modes you can.

The HD portion records at 1 MB for each second.

I used at the Sepultura gig at Masquerade in Atlanta this year and it did really well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149147

Image

Image

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 12:19
by Mutilator
Looks nice! So it has optical (not just digital) zoom in the other videomodes and the sound recording is good?

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 21:49
by Conservative_Heretic
Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.

Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.

It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.

I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.

I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 16:19
by Mutilator
Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.



<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->



Is the quality comparable to this:?

[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube]

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 20:34
by Conservative_Heretic
Yes, exactly :bang:

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 19 Jun 2011, 02:38
by Mutilator
Excellent! :xx: this is the best quality footage I've ever seen!



BTW I also read about these brands mentioned for metal concert filming:



Canon Vixia HF10

Pansonic Lumix DMC-ZS3

Panasonic HDC-SD9

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 07 Nov 2011, 04:29
by Mutilator
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Sound recording was real good, I was impressed. I expected it to have a tinny sound but it is quite clear.

Yes it does do optical, then after so far zoom it kicks in with digital.

It is perfect for clubs and small venues. probably not so much in a large arena if you were real far from stage.

I will try to get some of the footage I filmed uploaded tonight or tomorrow so you can see.

I scored mine off eBay for about $50 US.[/quote]



I like this camera a lot, thanks, but do you also happen to have 'an unstable soundpitch' sometimes in the audio recording?

Re: Can anyone recommend me a good pocketcamera for gigfilming?

Posted: 01 Dec 2011, 19:04
by Mutilator
[quote name="Mutilator"]Cool! I just won one for $36 + $30 shipping.



<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT<!-- m -->



Is the quality comparable to this:?

[youtube]Ud_5buFbIbk[/youtube][/quote]



[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yes, exactly :bang:[/quote]



What did I do wrong? The sound changes like a sped up cassette tape :homework: :tear:



[youtube]HJZT_H0bBCc[/youtube]