New Opeth track

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

New Opeth track

Post by droidspawn »

User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: New Opeth track

Post by Mesarthim »

interesting. the quality is really lacking on the sound though, I feel like I could dig this if it didn't sound like ass.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: New Opeth track

Post by rhino »

not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: New Opeth track

Post by Mesarthim »

yeah, i'd say they are pretty much done as a death metal band. a pity because Mikael's death vocals were always amazing.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New Opeth track

Post by droidspawn »

[quote name="rhino"]not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well[/quote]





hmm, really surprised you don't like it. I dig the hell out of it. Damnation is my second fav opeth and I always wanted something similiar, and this is with some prog thrown in :xx:



I'm sure there will be some heavier material, just no growls which is fine with me as I love mikaels cleans a lot.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: New Opeth track

Post by rhino »

i didnt care much for damnation other than a few songs. deliverance was great though, thats the last one i really cared about
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New Opeth track

Post by droidspawn »

:santa:
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: New Opeth track

Post by Syysysyd »

It sounds different– more 70s progginess, but I like it. Agree about the quality being shite, could just be a very low bitrate.
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: New Opeth track

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

this is pretty fucking awesome imo, mikaels cleans are better than they've ever been.
Post Reply