New Opeth track
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: New Opeth track
interesting. the quality is really lacking on the sound though, I feel like I could dig this if it didn't sound like ass.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: New Opeth track
not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: New Opeth track
yeah, i'd say they are pretty much done as a death metal band. a pity because Mikael's death vocals were always amazing.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: New Opeth track
[quote name="rhino"]not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well[/quote]
hmm, really surprised you don't like it. I dig the hell out of it. Damnation is my second fav opeth and I always wanted something similiar, and this is with some prog thrown in
I'm sure there will be some heavier material, just no growls which is fine with me as I love mikaels cleans a lot.
hmm, really surprised you don't like it. I dig the hell out of it. Damnation is my second fav opeth and I always wanted something similiar, and this is with some prog thrown in
I'm sure there will be some heavier material, just no growls which is fine with me as I love mikaels cleans a lot.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: New Opeth track
i didnt care much for damnation other than a few songs. deliverance was great though, thats the last one i really cared about
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Syysysyd
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49
Re: New Opeth track
It sounds different– more 70s progginess, but I like it. Agree about the quality being shite, could just be a very low bitrate.
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: New Opeth track
this is pretty fucking awesome imo, mikaels cleans are better than they've ever been.