Page 1 of 1

New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 00:07
by droidspawn

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 03:34
by Mesarthim
interesting. the quality is really lacking on the sound though, I feel like I could dig this if it didn't sound like ass.

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 03:50
by rhino
not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 03:53
by Mesarthim
yeah, i'd say they are pretty much done as a death metal band. a pity because Mikael's death vocals were always amazing.

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 04:58
by droidspawn
[quote name="rhino"]not digging, they keep getting further away from how i prefer them to sound, oh well[/quote]





hmm, really surprised you don't like it. I dig the hell out of it. Damnation is my second fav opeth and I always wanted something similiar, and this is with some prog thrown in :xx:



I'm sure there will be some heavier material, just no growls which is fine with me as I love mikaels cleans a lot.

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 05:12
by rhino
i didnt care much for damnation other than a few songs. deliverance was great though, thats the last one i really cared about

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 05:22
by droidspawn
:santa:

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 08:08
by Syysysyd
It sounds different– more 70s progginess, but I like it. Agree about the quality being shite, could just be a very low bitrate.

Re: New Opeth track

Posted: 27 Jul 2011, 11:27
by Tyreese BIGGUMS
this is pretty fucking awesome imo, mikaels cleans are better than they've ever been.