Page 1 of 1

What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 08:12
by LAVAGOD
I love this band a lot, especially the new record, but god fucking damnit will Erik please raise the guitar volume in the mix!? His riffs are always kick ass but the drums are so fucking overpowering it's overwhelming, and maybe if he didnt use the same diminished chords so much I know what he's capable of but he's drownding his talent with insane 9999018 BPM double bass and blasts with diminished chords.

Has anyone else noticed during there shows there's always a problem and Erik always does the same wave and continues playing and shakes his head like this :frown:

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 08:53
by Abzu
The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed ( :frown: ), was flawless.

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:20
by agony bagony
i dont hate anything about hate eternal

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:35
by Abzu
Also that.

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:39
by droidspawn
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed ( :frown: ), was flawless.[/quote]



i seen this tour as well :santa:

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:42
by Methuselah Honeysuckle
I saw them with cannibal corpse and macabre :santa:

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 09:46
by shubniggurath
I agree on Fury and Flames...in that case the drums (kicks in particular) are overwhelming and the riffs are largely unintelligible because of the huge emphasis on low end. As Bob demonstrated, a different EQ curve (and other stuff) can make a huge difference:



<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11651&hilit=f ... p192520</a><!-- l -->



On the new one I wish that the guitar were louder, but I don't find the riffs unintelligible.



It's an awesome album. Blasting is their style, since the beginning. And there's a ton going on in between all the diminished chords.

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 10:11
by Abzu
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed ( :frown: ), was flawless.[/quote]



i seen this tour as well :santa:[/quote]

:xx: It was awesome.

I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 10:20
by Olden Polynice
Fury is rediculous.I get abit sick of the diminished chords and over bearing kick sound too but in a way it suits the name and concept of the band.

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 10:27
by droidspawn
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="only pieces remain"]
[quote name=";,,;"]The one time I saw them, touring for King Of All Kings as a supporting act (with Cephalic Carnage, touring for Lucid Interval) for Madball and Hatebreed ( :frown: ), was flawless.[/quote]



i seen this tour as well :santa:[/quote][/quote]

:xx: It was awesome.

I stuck around after and met Erik, Len, and Zac. Sherwood from Skinless was there to get a bunch of Hate Eternal shit signed and was very giddy. Good time.[/quote



sherwood always seemed like a cool dude

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 11:12
by LAVAGOD
Macabre!! Totally underrated band! I pike the older stuff the best the other stuff with his ridiculous vocals are ehh but there from the official city of the chicago cubs so that's cool. My dad Booked a couple of their shows and even played the same gig with them.

But yeah all in all I love hate eternal and the super chaotic sound really fits them but I think if the drums weren't on top so much they would be easier to listen to in some cases, so far I'm still in love with Phoenix amongst the ashes, I love every song but man almost have the time the riffs are drowned with kicks and snare

Re: What I hate about Hate Eternal

Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 12:16
by shadowalk
Hate Eternal needs to return to their I, Monarch production. With the excellent material and the excellent production, that album is just...flawless.